General Electric Program Manager in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
As part of the Imaging System Software team at GE Healthcare, this role is responsible for wing-to-wing execution of technical projects to deliver IP & Cyber Security solutions across the different Imaging modalities. Works with technical & program teams across modalities to drive synergies & adoption of platform deliverables into upcoming Imaging product releases. Also ensure outcomes delivery on time, within scope and budget and of desired quality. Defines & ensures project management practices are followed and improved as needed.
This role requires a strategic understanding of the business, customer needs, product technology and the purpose & values of GE Healthcare to successfully deliver on the group priorities. A vast experience in program management practices working with multiple global program teams & stakeholders is needed.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
In this role, you will:
• Collaborate with business and functional partners and technology leadership across GE Healthcare Imaging SW teams to drive technology discussion and strategy alignment with business needs and timelines.
• Outline multi-generational project strategy aligned to deliver on the expected outcomes
• Organize project teams comprising of cross functional technical experts based on budget, scope and timeline
• Coordinate execution & adoption of common platform releases across multiple modality programs and drive shared approach and outcomes tracking
• Work with technical team often comprising of members of separate organizations to coordinate day-to-day execution as per outlined plan
• Support execution team with resolution of roadblocks and interdependencies. Partner with technical and functional teams external to the project to ensure their tasks are completed as required
• Manage project risks, scope changes and other non-standard events throughout the life of the project
• Manage stakeholder communication and progress reporting at various levels of the organization including leadership and executives
• Cooperate with and manage external vendors, as required
• Ensure pre-defined project management processes and practices are followed. Drive simplification and improvement as necessary
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Work experience of 14+ years with hands on exposure to software development lifecycle
• At least 4 years of program management experience in handling multiple teams within or across organization
• Proven experience using project management methodologies to deliver business value and drive significant change
• Strong understanding and knowledge of various project and portfolio management methodologies with track record of implementing shared standards for large organizations
• Strong leadership skills with ability to influence outcomes and organize teams to attain shared goals
• Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal) with all levels of an organization
• Self-starter - requires minimal direction to accomplish goals
• Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities
• Strong team player – collaborates well with others to solve problems and actively incorporates input from various sources
• Experience working with others on a global basis
• Applies knowledge to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships, creates processes with customer viewpoint and partners with customers to help shape their future initiatives
• Strong analytical and strong problem-solving skills - communicates in a clear and succinct manner and effectively evaluates information / data to make decisions, anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve, creates actionable strategies and operational plans
• Change oriented – actively generates process improvements, champions and drives change initiatives, confronts difficult circumstances in creative ways, balances multiple and competing priorities and executes accordingly
• PMP, SAFe, ScrumMaster or related Project Management certifications
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes