General Electric Principal Engineer – Electrical in Bengaluru, India
Role Summary:Electrical Design team in Low Wind Speed segment (LWS) owns the design work for components including generators, power cables, electrical cabinets etc. The Principal Engineer will play a crucial role in leading the electrical design for LWS product. This role will integrate the world leading technology into NPIs, mentor our team members to develop our expertise, review the deliverable from team members. The Principal Engineer will provide the technical advice to cross-functions for business need
Essential Responsibilities:• Provide technical direction and leadership to personnel or function teams in the assigned projects.
• Coach the team members to deepen expertise depth, improve the whole electrical engineer team expertise level, and mentor the team members grow along TCP careen path.
• Proactively take the lead in the critical projects, execute the design and analysis, contribute with solid technical solution.
• Lead the trade-off study for key systemic design, provide the roadmap decision for the electrical architecture design. Leverage GRC or external resources, lead the MGTP to align with MGPP for LWS.
• Coach team members in field issue resolutions, and lead the electrical RCAs, provide the technical guidance to the team.
• Lead the engineering excellence and quality improvement, review the key deliverables from team member like DR slides, key Design Memos, system interfaces, etc.
• Explore the innovative solutions for next generator wind turbine, guide team members implement the innovative idea into the product.
• Present to the global CTH meetings, join in the technical discussion with global CTHs and be presentative of LWS electrical team.
• Work closely with the business functions and electrical engineering manager, ensure high quality and on-time delivery for all engineering assignments.
Qualifications/Requirements:• BS/MS in Electrical Engineering.
• 10+ years’ experience with electrical design, proven experience in field issue resolution, and/or key electrical component manufacturing process.
• 3+ technical leadership experience in engineering team.
• Familiar with international codes and standards, especially IEC-61400 for wind turbine design.
• Self-motivated, working independently under high pressure to make delivery within timeline
• Working experience with global organization and function teams. Demonstrated skills in communication with different regional colleagues.
• Team work spirit, strong influencing and coaching skills to junior team members
Desired Characteristics:• Wind turbine electrical system knowledge.
• Proven experience in wind turbine component design and/or manufacturing/service support in wind industry.
• Knowledge in grid interconnection, power conversion, or heavy electrical components manufacturing like generators.
• Demonstrate analytical approach to problem solving.
• Proven strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to document, plan, and execute multiple programs.
• Flexibility in working with peers from different time zone.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Bengaluru;