General Electric Manager - Software Engineering in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for leading a scrum team to design and program a small module or a large component and designing a feature, set of features, or whole feature area. She/he will work independently and contribute to the immediate team and to other teams across business.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
Be responsible for managing the work deliverables of the platform/product/solution.
Managing a small agile team (up to 8 direct reports).
Demonstrate leadership through team leadership/knowledge in a specific technical area
Provides coaching, feedback, developmental opportunities to direct reports
Demonstrate an ability to communicate the technical knowledge through contributions to product strategy.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
• Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Software Design Patterns and coding principles
• Hands-on experience in web services (REST, SOAP, WSDL etc.), SQL Database such as Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres etc.
• Hands-on experience with web development using HTML5, Java Script, jQuery, CSS. Experience in C#, .Net is a must.
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Experience in building scalable and highly available distributed systems
• Expert in breaking down problems and estimate time for development tasks
• Evangelizes how our technology solves customer problems from a technology and business perspective
• Demonstrates clarity of thinking to work through limited information and vague problem definitions
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
• Shares knowledge, power, and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill
• Able to work under minimal supervision
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Skilled in providing oversight and mentoring team members. Shows ability to effectively delegate work
Relocation Assistance Provided: No