General Electric Loads Engineer in Bengaluru, India
The Wind Service NPI Loads Simulation engineer is an integral part of the wind service product & design process. All the downstream design activities over all the controls and components will depend on the loads simulation results from this role. The scope includes establish, run, tune and maintain the wind turbine rigid body multi-physics dynamic simulation model as well as the appropriate wind inputs per IEC guidelines and GE design process.
· EThe Services NPI team is responsible for the execution of RePower and PowerUp design development
globally for onshore wind.
• Development, running and tuning of turbine loads simulation model that provide mechanical loading and component loads for the downstream design teams.
• Validate control algorithms and new component dynamic changes in the loads simulation environment according to the product requirements flow - down.
• Cooperate with the Controls, Performance subsystem and Validation teams to analyze the impact of the controls or AEP improvement strategies on the mechanical loads of the turbine in simulation and validate through the evaluation of measurement data.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of loads simulation infrastructure.
• Support innovation for Wind turbine Service NPI solutions that improve customer value.
• Provide the engineering technical support to cross functional teams to improve or resolve design,
Performance or field issues.
·Bachelors in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
Minimum of two years related engineering experience.
Experience with analyzing complex numerical data sets.
Exposure to Loads simulation software such as FLEX, Bladed, FAST, Adams WT, etc.
Good analytical, learning skills, strong in oral, written communication.
Familiarity with Matlab/Simulink or similar controls/dynamics simulation programs.
Experience with controls and loads simulation of wind turbines.
Can work autonomously on multiple project deliverables.
Interest in detailed technical analysis.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Bengaluru