General Electric Lead Manufacturing Specialist 1 - Materials Leader Refurbishment in Bengaluru, India
Role Summary:The Materials Leader will Establish & Maintain the Parts Supply Chain for the Refurbishment Center. The Role will be overall responsible for Leading the Program, Establishing/Creating and Maintaining Parts, Suppliers, Pricing, Shipping Networks, Parts Procurement & Payment Processes for the Ultrasound, DI (CT & MR) & LCS Refurbishment activities. Coordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and within departments) according to production schedules.
Essential Responsibilities:Key responsibilities include:
• Set Up/ Establish the Materials Function requirements for the Refurbishment Center
• Set Up Parts, Suppliers, Price, Shipping Lanes, Logistics, Customs, Payments to Suppliers etc.
• Manage materials planning, material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs. always Maintain Minimum Inventory & meet KPIs
• Establish and Comply with Overall Refurbishment requirement in Wipro GE Healthcare Refurbishment facility from a Materials Transaction Compliance requirement
• Take Lead in Conducting Productivity/ lean AWO’s/ Initiatives to drive productivity in the Refurbishment Canter Materials Function
• Comply with Controllership Requirements for Parts
• Establish End to End process for Materials Function
• Work with Reverse Logistics & Central QA & Process & Quality Engineering Resource to Establish a Compliant way of running the Operations, Handling Parts in the Line and Compliant NCMR Process
• Adopt Digital, Brilliant, Lean and Advanced Manufacturing Practices
• Co-ordinate with Engineering to Ensure P&PC and ECR/ECO changes are compliant
• Implement & Sustain ISO 13485 Medical Devices, Used Medical Device Regulations for Parts Processes at the Site
• Always Ensure EHS & QMS Compliance in the Materials Function
• Drive Productivity Projects YOY for Inventory Reduction YOY
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, Central Refurbishment Guidelines and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/positions and Documentation Control
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelor's Degree – Electrical & Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or related Technical Degree
• 6-10 Years of experience in Materials Planning & Execution in Supply Chain
• Experience in Lean, Productivity, Brilliant Factory initiatives
• Certified Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
Desired Characteristics:• Proven ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced changing environment.
• Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment
• Good analytical and planning skills
• Demonstrated Project Management & Materials Planning & Execution Skills
• Proven ability to work on cross-functional, multi-cultural teams
• Excellent project management, communication and analytical skills
• Ability to energize, develop and influence at all levels within an organization
• Oracle knowledge and experience
• Lean Manufacturing Experience, including leading AWOs
• Creates energy to deliver company goals through creation and comprehensive communication of practical “hands-on” operational plans and strategies
• Proven growth leadership skills demonstrating clear perspective and understand factors impacting GEHC businesses and our suppliers.
• Solid communication and analytical skills, including experience with communicating with others from different countries and cultures.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Bengaluru;