General Electric Lead Engineer 2 - Mechanical Component in Bengaluru, India
Role Summary:Successful applicant will be a part of the Hub Subsystem Team in the Wind Engineering Organization. The role has a heavy focus on slewing ring bearing analysis, but will include responsibility for analysis, design, supplier, qualification, and testing of hardware within the entire hub subsystem
Essential Responsibilities:·• Lead FEA analysis projects pertaining to new products, technology, processes and/or field issues with a heavy focus on quality, and reliability.
• Help to facilitate digital transition to wind turbine component design as it pertains to system / component analysis
• Perform FEA analysis of components focus on slewing ring bearings but may include other structures, brackets, access ladders, hatch covers, safety tie offs, shipping fixtures, bolted joints, hub castings, or pitch gearbox.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams for leading the product life cycle including drawings, BoM, specifications check, cost reduction including supplier collaboration and qualification which may also include travel as required
• Execute tasks within a cross-functional teams, including but not limited to other sub-system engineers, quality, manufacturing, sourcing, planning, field support and other
• Utilize FEA expertise with other tools such as field data to optimize analysis methodology across the subsystem to optimize productivity and accuracy
• Communicate clearly to design team leaders, effectively documenting and presenting results
• Lead improved analysis methods for components to enhance robustness of designs again with a heavy focus on slewing ring bearings
• Build certification documents for components
• Improve design practice rules and documentation for continuous improvement of the Hub Subsystem team.
• Work to develop and execute the necessary tests to validate and prove robustness of analysis methods.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering with minimum 4 yrs. of experience with slewing ring bearing analysis
• Experience in analytical tool development, validation and implementation with specific focus on Ansys
• Hands on experience with Wind turbine component analysis
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
Desired Characteristics:• Wind Turbine system design, analysis and development experience
• Demonstrated strong mechanical design fundamentals
• Experience with design, analysis, validation of wind turbine mechanical components,
• Experience on power generation products
• Exposure to Product Life Cycle Management processes & tools, hardware ownership
• Experience with NX design software.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
“GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
**Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is not mandatory.