General Electric Lead Engineer 2 - Fleet Management in Bengaluru, India
Role Summary:This role is part of the Fleet Support Engineering team in the Low Wind Speed segment of GE Onshore Wind and will drive successful technical resolution of root cause analysis and corrective/preventive actions across the low wind speed platform. You will develop a business-first mindset to drive prioritization of top issues and successful cross-functional leadership to drive lower cost of quality (COQ) across the fleet, and support customer solutions to achieve fleet wide availability targets.
Essential Responsibilities:• Lead resolution of RCA and corrective/preventive actions across Low Wind Speed (LWS) platform for mechanical systems & components
• Drive lower COQ and 98% availability across LWS fleet.
• Integrate across Product Service Engineering (PSE) and Top Issues (TI) teams to proactively identify emerging issues.
• Drive consolidated engineering & quality process around fleet support.
• Understand and incorporate impact on Warranty costs due to Turnkey project requirements
• Support on-time resolution of safety related (SAFER) cases in Low Wind Speed segment
• Share lessons learned with the design teams. Support FMEA and risk mitigation plans.
• Develop test plans and work with the testing and validation teams to perform lab testing on turbine components.
• Engage with suppliers to ensure components go through extensive failure analysis that confirms failure modes in the field. Work with design engineering and sourcing quality to ensure suppliers introduce corrective actions for those components.
• Identify opportunities to collaborate with academia and other organizations on research and development opportunities.
Qualifications/Requirements:• Master’s Degree in Mechanical engineering or similar field from an accredited college or university
• Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience working on wind turbine system or component design related projects.
• Demonstrated and strong ability to clearly communicate complex/technical information, fluency in English.
Desired Characteristics:• 5 years experience of relevant wind industry experience in product or project development, engineering, services, etc.
• Experience in leading or execution of Root Cause Analysis projects.
• Experience with technical drawings, documentation and Bill of Material (BOM) structure
• Lean Six Sigma certified, with strong organizational and program management skills.
• Experience with Design for Six Sigma, Design for Reliability, Design for Manufacturability, and/or Design to Cost.
• Experience with digital transformation & automation, and/or computer programming experience.
• Ability and willingness to accept challenges outside of technical expertise / comfort zone, and acquire the required skills on the job as needed
• Self-motivated, team player, with demonstrated creativity and fulfillment, with strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work with both co-located or extended and diverse team across the globe.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:India;Bengaluru, All cities;