General Electric Director - Software Engineering in Bengaluru, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
As a Senior Director, you will build and grow GE Healthcare Digital business by developing several cloud applications hosted on GE Healthcloud and leading state of art engineering and DevOps practices. You will lead many teams in a servant-leadership style to deliver applications on the cloud. You will manage the software engineering team in Bangalore, working as part of a global team building cloud-based software that enables health systems.
• Demonstrate very strong people management skills and technical leadership, including solid communication and analytical skills, with thorough understanding of software product development for large enterprises.
• Responsible for building a world class software development team to develop high quality software designs and next generation software platforms to meet healthcare needs.
• Able to develop, execute and achieve tactical and strategic initiatives through active leadership that positively impacts business plans, product roadmaps and people development.
• Responsible for developing yearly operating plans and directly manage execution supervising site spend and budget management. Accountable to meet financial commitments.
• Responsible for talent management at site, ensuring hiring, development, and retention of right talent in line with technology, product roadmaps maintaining long term business goals in view.
• Coach, mentor and lead a diverse group of functional/engineering managers, principal engineers and architects.
• Influence decision making through active partnership with cross-functional teams across the globe.
• Ensure an engaged, innovative and inspiring wok environment at the site.
• Establish networks with relevant players and collaborate with others to drive adoption of good practices, technology sharing & research activities.
Minimum B.E./B. Tech Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology •A minimum of 17 years of professional experience in Software Development with a Bachelor’s degree OR Master’s degree with minimum 15 years of experience in Software Development •Minimum 4 years of experience in an engineering leadership / management role •Experience in working in an MNC and /OR Healthcare sector will be of added advantage
•Experience in complete Product Development life cycle, from requirement generation to product release.
•Previous experience working in cloud technologies and DevOps practices
•Strong experience in Scaled Agile framework, Agile Software Development Life Cycle processes and software quality management, effort estimation, planning and delivery of Software
. •Experience in partnering with external software design services vendors to accelerate / scale up.
•Recognizes patterns and complexity in problems. Extracts decomposition algorithms, and strategically plans how to execute programs by understanding how best to decompose to expose / protect against risk.
•Previous experience in software development in an agile environment and writing code.
•Demonstrates advanced understanding of software development tools & infrastructure.
Locations: India; Bengaluru