General Electric Data Scientist – Life Sciences Analytics in Bengaluru, India
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Individual will be part of Market & Commercial Analytics team. The individual will be responsible to communicate insights from available data source to the Marketing team of GEHC’s Life Sciences business. The individual must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models/algorithms. Also, should be working with multiple teams, functions for data collation, data deep dives and analytical story building
• Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of marketing techniques and business strategies.
• Program management of critical Advanced Analytics programs (like Forecasting, Targeting and Propensity models, Digital Analytics, etc.) – primarily for Life Sciences business.
• Use predictive & prescriptive modeling to increase and optimize customer experiences, revenue generation, marketing initiatives and other business outcomes.
• Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis.
• Being a key contributor / influencer to strategic marketing plans within the Life Sciences business
• Clearly communication with Life Sciences stakeholders: raise awareness / help our business understand in a very simple manner what we are doing, how we are going to do it (per project and more conceptually) – raising awareness of the fundamentals and details of data science.
Masters Degree in Marketing, Business Administration or Statistics/Economics or equivalent
4 - 5 years’ experience in Analytics
Well versed with Statistical tools (like R / SAS / Python, etc.) and techniques feeding into advanced predictive & prescriptive analytics.
Well versed with Digital Analytics and understanding digital & web data.
Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (Statistical tests, regressions, clustering, decision trees, artificial neural network, etc..) and experience in their application and output interpretation.
Working experience with visualization tools like – Spotfire / Tableau / Qlikview
Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
Excellent English oral and written communications skills
Background in healthcare, pharma or diagnostics imaging industry.
Experience of working in Marketing & Commercial teams.
Experience / knowledge of working with databases & data architecture.
Ability to influence and make recommendations at all levels of the company
Excellent project management skills – able to lead and manage complex matrix teams
Successful experience working in a dynamic and horizontal team environment.
High energy, works proactively and demonstrates flexibility in approach to changing work priorities.
Team oriented – ability work well with diverse, cross-functional teams
Locations: India; Bengaluru