General Electric Data Science Specialist in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
The Data Science Specialist will work in teams addressing statistical and machine learning problems in Supply Chain and Engine Time-On-Wing Domains. In this role, the person will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, deep-learning, statistical methods, semantic analysis for finding structure in large data sets.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Data Science Specialist will be a part of Supply Chain and Engine Time-On-Wing Domains, responsible to work on data science projects under the supervision of senior team members and deliver business outcomes. Develop data science models to address supply chain and engine fleet support teams’ needs and opportunities. Work alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into viable products and services. Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics. Perform exploratory and targeted data analysis using descriptive statistics and other methods. Work with data engineers on data quality assessment, data cleansing and data analytics. Generate reports, annotated code, and other projects artifacts to document, archive, and communicate the work and outcomes. Share and discuss findings with team members.
• Masters or PhD degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science or related field
• Demonstrated skill in the use of Python and / or other analytic software tools or languages
• Demonstrated skill at data cleansing, data quality assessment, and using analytics for solving business problems
• Demonstrated skill in the use of applied analytics, descriptive statistics, feature extraction and predictive analytics on datasets
• Demonstrated skill at data visualization and storytelling for an audience of stakeholders
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise
• Experience in working on analytics in airline industries
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No