General Electric Data Engineering Specialist in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
As Workday Integration Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, & supporting integration solutions for GE’s new HCM Cloud solution (Workday). In this role you will be part of Global Functions Integration DevOps team delivering new/enhanced integrations and its operational support.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Build, test and deploy integration solutions for Workday using EIB, Workday Studio and as well as other tools of the Workday integration platform.
• Provide production support & troubleshooting for Workday HCM system integration issues.
• Drive customer communication during critical events and be a key contributor in retrospective meetings
• Ensure seamless operation of Workday integration solutions and adherence to data consumer requirements
• Work on multiple parallel projects and other duties as assigned
• See and understand the “holistic picture” and recognize and understand any impacts to downstream systems, and hub / data warehouse
• Understand and follow defined configuration standards and best practices
• Understand and ensure security and data privacy standards.
• Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
• Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
• Understand the Workday data model, high level product features and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in Workday based data integrations.
• Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions to our customers' individual needs
• Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple services
• Participate in on-call rotation and work with global teams
• Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the technology space with emphasis on data design, integration development, software engineering and/or application support
• 1+ years experience with HR applications such as PeopleSoft, SAP, and Oracle or other third-party software products
• Prior experience with Workday Integrations, specifically EIB and Studio.
• Workday HCM integration experience preferred
• Strong Interpersonal skills – verbal, written and listening
• Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
• Ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to technical resources
• Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships and creates data integrations with a customer viewpoint
• Hands-on experience implementing programmatic data integrations or ETL data flows using Java code or ETL tools like Talend, Informatica, Spring Batch or equivalent.
• Experience in building or consuming SOAP or REST based web-API.
• Experience with functional aspects of HR modules including Core HCM
• Ability to prioritize workload and execute tasks independently, providing timely follow-up and resolution
• Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
• Familiar with agile methodology
• Experience with gathering requirements from functional and technical users
• Ability to provide documentation and artifacts as required, and develop unit test cases
Workday Technical Skills
• Standard and Custom Reports
• Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB) and Core Connector
• Calculated Fields
• PICOF and/or PECI (Payroll Interface)
• Workday Studio
• Solution and/or Object Transporter migration tools
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes