General Electric Cybersecurity Analyst in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
Responsible for hunting, detecting and responding to digital security threats. Demonstrates technical leadership abilities and strong comprehension of malware, emerging threats and calculating risk.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Specialize in network-centric analysis (NSM), host-centric analysis (live response, digital forensics), malware analysis, and log-centric analysis (SIEM)
• Perform daily response operations on a schedule that may involve nontraditional working hours
• Curate signatures, tune systems/tools, and develop scripts and correlation rules
• Analyze host and network forensic artifacts and identify patterns and behaviors related to threat actors
• Lead technical aspects of incident detection and response
• Mentor and train incident responder and incident responder specialists
For roles outside USA:
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
For roles in USA:Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience4years
Desired CharacteristicsTechnical Expertise:
• Detailed understanding of CND-based analytical models (Kill Chain, ATT&CK, Pyramid of Pain, etc.)
• Detailed understanding of APT, Cyber Crime and other associated tactics
• Practical experience in host forensics and network analysis techniques and tools
• Practical experience with malware and reverse engineering
• Practical experience responding to threats in cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts
• CISSP, CISM or related SANs or Industry certifications
• Ability to express thoughts clearly
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA. For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
This Job Description is intended to provide a high level guide to the role. However, it is not intended to amend or otherwise restrict/expand the duties required from each individual employee as set out in their respective employment contract and/or as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
*Disclosure of your Gender or Sexual orientation is completely Voluntary and not mandatory.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No