General Electric Cyber Security Engineer (Dev & Testing) in Bengaluru, India
Cyber Security Engineer will develop and execute vulnerability and penetration test suites. Automate test suites where possible. Perform vulnerability and threat assessments with help from cybersecurity architects and PSRs. Assess vulnerability patches and identify the impact on the products. Develop common cyber solutions, tools & help integrate with modalities.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
• Develop and implement security related solutions with the intent to harden the security posture of Healthcare products
• Implement common modality cyber requirements/features
• Run vulnerability assessment / penetration testing and create assessment reports. Streamline Vulnerability Management and incident management efforts for Healthcare Systems.
• Test products and prepare detailed cyber security test report
• Perform technology, tools evaluation and software technical proof of concepts.
• Analyze, prioritize & unearth the product security issues.
• Monitors quality of product, initiates corrective actions as needed
• BE/ B. Tech / ME/M.Tech in Electronics/Telecommunication/Computer science/IT, or MCA
• 3+ years of experience on security design and development. Strong Security knowledge and has participated in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
• Experience in Product/Software application Security testing
• Hands-on experience on security feature implementations and strong Systems design and thinking
• Strong proficiency in Linux, scripting languages such as shell scripting, Perl, python.
• Problem solving skills to assess design alternatives and perform tradeoffs to determine designs or functionality that best meet needs.
• At least 2 full project lifecycles using the security testing experience.
• Experience with various security tools and products (Fortify, Nessus, nmap, Burp Suite, Metasploit, Kali Linux, etc)
• Experience in configuration and usage of different test security tools.
• Experience vulnerability management and testing
• Experience PEN testing
• Experience with test automation
• Experience in working with global teams using agile practices
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Energetic, Self-starter, Passionate, committed team player.
• Knowledge of CI/CT/CD process and techniques of enabling security testing in the pipeline
• Strong analytical skills and customer centric approach
• Passion for automation and optimization, as well as to develop tools to help other Engineers.
• Hands on with OWASP top 10 vulnerabilities identification and remediation techniques.
• Hands on with Threat Modelling frameworks and techniques.
• Strong understanding Of Secure Communication Methods (TLS 1.2)
• Strong understanding of Cryptographic algorithms, certificates, PKI, Key Management
• Knowledge of various vulnerabilities and penetration testing
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Bengaluru