General Electric Advanced Lead Engineer - Fleet Management in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
Advanced Lead Engineer - Fleet Management-LEAP PSE, will provide technical support & leadership over a cross-functional team to maintain fleet reliability / safety, on-time customer responsiveness & cost of ownership goals for assigned hardware. In this role, you will manage field issues, support service’s contract profitability, develop solutions that meet business needs within functional area(s) of expertise.
In this role, you will report to Regional Fleet Engineering Sub-Section Manager – Services Engineering Section at BEC, JFWTC, Bangalore. In addition, you will interface with organizations such as the Engineering Departments (Design, Repair, Analytics, Material and Failure Analysis Lab), MRO shops, Digital Services Solutions (DSS), CSA Operations, Aviation Operations Center (AOC), Customer & Product Support Organization (C&PSO) and Global Research Center (GRC) based on business need.
• Lead the assigned hardware and/or module team engineering activities bringing customer’s perspective to the team.
• Answer technical inquiries and departure records from external airlines, customer overhaul shops, as well as internal GE shops.
• Drive resolution to top in-service issues and on-time customer responsiveness, burn down DR volume. Own Manual changes.
• Deliver timely and accurate field containment plans and work with the expanded engineering team to develop field fix design solutions
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks complying with engineering and agency policies and procedures
• Lead business initiatives for field issues and cost of ownership goals
• Provide support for Time On Wing (TOW) objectives and Customized Service Agreements (CSA) / Cost Margin Reviews (CMR) reviews around hardware ownership
• Round the clock availability on need basis to resolve field issues (eg AOG, Work scope Mitigation, Work stoppage) regarding assigned hardware
• Lead technical reviews and participate as a reviewer.
• Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments as appropriate.
• Drive change by demonstrating clear thinking, articulate roles & responsibilities, manage handoffs between different organizations.
• Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical and program requirements, schedules and customer commitments.
• Foster and inspire a collaborative work style and display team-oriented behavior with a proactive example of communication internally and externally
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in Aviation Engines or Turbo machinery Engineering position (design, analysis, systems, services)
• In-depth understanding of engineering technology and tools
• Strong engineering problem solving capabilities
• Strong project management skills including cross-functional coordination of activities
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
• Ability and willingness to travel as required
• Master’s Degree in Engineering
• Previous experience in a product support engineering (PSE) or hardware ownership in design
• Experience with TOPS8D, engine field problem resolution
• Ability to effectively manage multiple project responsibilities
• Familiarity with aircraft flight operations and mission analysis
• Ability to effectively interact with the customer
• Demonstrated leadership in advancing the state of the art in a technical specialty
• Process focused with the ability to assess and improve processes and work on methods
• Strong organization and planning skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes