General Electric Advanced Accountant in Bengaluru, India
Job Description Summary
As the Advanced Accountant for GE Digital, you will be responsible for supporting the Operational Controller and the team on performing and reviewing basic accounting entries. You will be expected to work closely with the external third parties, auditors, payroll to execute on controllership and business priorities.
Essential Responsibilities :
• Responsible for general accounting and policy application for all cycles including Cash, Fixed assets, accruals, other liabilities, other assets.
• Responsible for GL accounting for the GE Digital.
• Work closely with FP&A, Commercial Finance team and the Revenue controller to manage day to day accounting and any organizational improvement projects.
• Prepare and review account reconciliations; maintain accounting rigor.
• Prepare and review journal entries ensuring compliance with accounting principles.
• Drive the timely preparation of assigned journal entries driving increased efficiency.
• Prepare periodic balance sheet analysis.
• Engage with auditors in regards to audit requests, control processes and account reconciliations.
• Prepare analysis and explanations behind variations and their drivers.
• Responsible for verify, analyze, investigate and resolve accounting discrepancies and deficiencies.
• Bank accounts management.
• Ensure the accounting accuracy of systems and cost data.
• Supporting in special projects, driving analytics.
• Drive process improvements / transactional quality.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college OR a high school diploma /GED with atleast 5 years of experience in Finance.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounting Operations.
• Should be flexible to work in shifts between 8:00 am till 10:00 pm
Desired Characteristics :
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes