General Electric Lead Power Electronics Engineer in Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Job Description Summary
• Lead technically the power electronics development in order to provide optimized solutions for Medium Voltage Drives (Hardware and/or Software) and Power Electronics application.
• Manage Medium Voltage Drive product range.
• Mentoring the power electronic team to develop technical capability.
• Provide power electronic solutions for products & projects.
• Improve products to meet market requirements.
• Review products design and improvements.
• Ensure on time delivery of detailed design and technical support for manufacturing & tests.
• Ensure on time delivery of detailed design and technical support for installation & commissioning.
• Manage drive range extension based on Development (NTI/NPI) programs.
• Manage cost out activities inside power electronics family, mainly MV Drive.
• Support commercial team proposing solutions for customer applications.
• Support the team in resolving technical issues in support of current projects, equipment under test, or in-service platforms.
• Participate in Root Cause Analysis and Design FMEA.
• Connect with other GE Power Conversion units to share best practices and know how transfer.
• Comply with all company and customer health and safety regulations.
• OTD – On Time Delivery (issue documents on the baseline date).
• FTY – First Time Yield (document verification before issuing).
• RNC (non-conformities) related to product design and its application.
• BoM – Bill of Materials costs.
• Degree or equivalent in electrical engineering or related subject.
• Chartered Engineer or equivalent proven record of continuous professional development.
• Fluency in English language.
• A minimum of 8 years’ experience in Medium Voltage Drive or Power Electronics engineering design, application, testing or commissioning environment.
• Industrial applications for Medium Voltage Drives, including metal industries and mining applications.
• Project leadership/management training.
• Power Electronics engineering in relevant industry.
• Experience of system integration working on multi-discipline projects.
• Experience as people leader and leadership role.
• On site commissioning of large projects.
• Personal Qualities
• Capable of working a multi-disciplined international team.
• Ability to multi-task on a variety of projects to strict time scales.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Good report writing skills in order to report to top management.
• Good personal organisational skills.
• Work traits:
• Develops a strong team and breeds positive moral.
• Understands business objectives and can influence stakeholders to meet objectives.
• Curious, asks tough questions and challenges the status quo.
• Communicates the business vision effectively in an open and consistent manner.
• Displays strong interpersonal skills and is accessible and approachable.
• Growth traits:
• Anticipates customer needs and measures processes and performance through the customer’s eyes.
• Builds loyalty and commitment and can energise teams through inclusiveness and connection with people.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No