General Electric Principal Customer Reliability Manager in Beijing, China
The Digital Energy Principal Customer Reliability Manager will use cutting edge predictive analytics software and tools to analyze the health and performance of power generation, and other energy management equipment located in Greater China customer sites and around the world using on-site and remote monitoring technology
The Principal Customer Reliability Engineer must leverage deep reliability and maintenance experience, power and energy industrial equipment knowledge, software know-how, and customer satisfaction skills to deliver world class predictive analytics and monitoring solutions to assigned customer accounts.
In this role, you will:
• Quickly learn and understand engineering processes related to power generation, and energy connection industries; leveraging the experience of the greater monitoring team when necessary.
• Quickly master cutting edge predictive analytics software and tools.
• Deftly manage customer expectations and satisfaction for assigned customer accounts.
• Deliver savings to your customer in the form of reduced maintenance costs and less unplanned downtime.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math). Master’s preferred
• Minimum 10 years work experience
• Able to work cross function/industry to analyze information; Able to present analysis and recommendations to drive strategic decisions.
• Able to define processes and procedures and Services KPIs and outcome for new business models.
• Possesses deep understanding of an entire product line, with significant domain experience in the same industry; Understands the customers’ needs at a level which results in proactive discussions about product road-map.
• Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve basic to intermediate issues; Able to isolate moderately complex scenarios down to actionable items within designated job function; Can be utilized to problem solve at customer sites as the GE representative.
• Software oriented with the ability to quickly learn new technologies.
• Experience with enterprise software services delivery.
• Business Acumen:
• Understand the Chinese State-Owned Enterprise customer’s culture and proven experience working with the SOE customers for more than 3 years
• Serves as a coach/mentor to others on best practices for project delivery and execution; Acts as advisor to others in the area of customer satisfaction; focuses on tangible and intangible benefits to ensure customer awareness and satisfaction.
• Teaches others how to design and conduct a thorough client needs analysis and collect VOC data; Uses available client data to proactively identify possible needs before they are expressed by client; Can use advanced data analysis techniques to synthesize and act on information.
• Able to establish, maintain, and grow key executive relationships within customer accounts; Adept at navigating political and hierarchical landscape and facilitates the customer decision making process.
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team; Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization; Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose.
• Shares knowledge, power and credit, while establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill; Coordinates role responsibilities with that of others to achieve mutual goals; Encourages groups to work together to efficiently resolve problems; Proactively coaches and/or mentor’s others to improve their contribution to the team.
• Recognized as a knowledge leader in his/her area of expertise; Demonstrates ability to solve complex problems bringing definition and appropriate detail to simplify delivery, manage risk, and drive desired outcomes.
• Able to adjust information (e.g. level of complexity) and story to align with audience; Produces functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts. Informs stakeholders of key customer issues, identifies potential problems or conflicts and resolves them when necessary.
• Self-Motivated and result driven with positive, can-do attitude. Ownership and willingness to do what it takes to reach business expectation.
• Influences and energizes others toward the common vision and goal; Able to maintain excitement for a process and drive new directions of meeting a goal in the face of unfavorable odds and setbacks.
• Increases client engagement to further drive the pace and focus required to achieve business priorities and uncover desired outcomes for both the customer and GE; Utilizes business acumen and domain experience to advise the customer on critical success factors for the initiative at hand; Continuously influences the customer to think ahead on what is needed to acquire, deploy, and utilize the solution.
• Demonstrates integrity and trustworthiness; Remains at ease in ambiguous work situations and is open to change; Contributes to an environment where teams are encouraged to reach beyond themselves and connect across constituent groups.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: China; BeiJing; Beijing