General Electric Legal Counsel in Beijing, China
The principal responsibilities for the Legal Counsel will be to: 1) provide contract review and negotiation assistance on international and domestic sales agreements; 2) provide legal support and advice to the different BHGE Product Companies covering contract execution phase in North Asia; and 3) support the BHGE business and other members of the legal and compliance department on a variety of other issues.
• Providing assistance in negotiating, reviewing and drafting terms & conditions (indemnities, choice of law, dispute resolution, limitation of liability, insurance, etc.) of international and domestic sales agreements with customers for the supply of services and parts, and other services activities, including all of the appropriate contract documentation, ancillary agreements and guarantees.
• Providing assistance in due diligence and legal productivity, simplification and standardization.
• Training of the regional business and sales teams on the legal issues.
• Providing advice and counsel on controllership and regulatory issues with regard to daily operations of the BHGE in North Asia.
• Providing legal support to the contract execution team regarding contract interpretation and guidance, particularly regarding disputes or other issues that develop during contract execution.
• Keeping abreast of legal developments in the O&G industry in North Asia and other relevant sectors.
• Providing assistance on a wide range of regional legal and compliance issues to other members of the legal and compliance team and the business.
• Other businesses as instructed from time to time.
• Legal degree from accredited law school with a demonstrable superior academic record and training, admission to the PRC bar or other bar license.
• Approximately 5-8 years of legal post-qualification experience, preferably in a law firm, that includes, inter alia:
o Experience in drafting international sales agreements;
o Experience in working and negotiating with international customers;
o Experience in international trade, foreign direct investment and corporate governance.
o Experience in international dispute resolution preferable, but not required.
o Regional experience in the Oil & Gas and Energy sectors preferable, but not required.
• Superior advocacy skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently communicate in writing and orally, and aptitude for practical negotiation. The capability to think clearly and quickly under pressure and the composure to satisfy multiple and often competing interests.
• A strong commitment to integrity and professionalism.
• A work history that affirmatively demonstrates leadership and ability to persuade and push others to deliver on commitments. As well as being a team player and having strong interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrable fluency in English and Chinese, including ability to draft and negotiate legal and commercial documents in such languages.
• Superior negotiating skills and ability to work in complex international environment, substantial experience working in different cultures and open and tolerant mind with respect to diversity.
• Demonstrable computer literacy with specific ability to use Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and other software such as redlining tools.
• Record of dedicated and successful teamwork, excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills and a well-developed sense of humor.
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Locations: China; BeiJing; Beijing