General Electric Enterprise Architect in Beijing, China
Job Description Summary
This Enterprise Architect will focus on the cloud who develops a company’s computing strategy for China. This strategy incorporates cloud adoption plans, cloud application design as well as cloud management and monitoring. Additional responsibilities include support for application architecture and deployment in cloud environments.
The Architect also assists with cloud environments such as the public cloud, private cloud, and hybrid cloud. This professional draws on solid knowledge of the company’s cloud architecture and platform when designing and developing dynamic cloud solutions.
The professional should have a good knowledge about the concepts and moving parts involved in continuous integration and continuous delivery. They must offer expert guidance to development teams regarding infrastructure. There is a need for the architects to take responsibility for the IT environments throughout their lifecycles. They also decide on types of system that organization might need to carry out the business.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role you will:
• Contribute to the development of project and data delivery platforms with reusable components across teams that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
• Effectively monitor and control costs in the organization
• Participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction.
• Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Gather and analyze data and develops architectural requirements at project level.
• Participate in the Enterprise Architecture governance model.
• Support the development software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
• Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities.
• Coach and mentor team members.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Minimum 6 years of experience
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
• Ability to consult customer on alignment of outcomes and desired technical solutions at an enterprise level
• Ability to Analyze, design, and develop a software solution roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state of the business.
• Working knowledge of configuration choices and related cost implications; Experience with complex solution configurations.
• Knowledgeable of full range of solution catalog within a business unit and able to discuss overall solution at depth.
• Experience sustaining operational stability through various life cycle phases (planning, implementation, steady state, de-commissioning); Ability to provision and budget via capital and operating.
• Able to lead early stage customer interactions; Guide customers as they develop confidence and comfort with approaches, and integrate with their legacy tech investments.
• Adept at navigating the organizational matrix; understanding people's roles, can foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources and rally teammates.
• Understand how internal and/or external business model works and facilitate active customer engagement
• Able to articulate the value of what is most important to the business/customer to achieve outcomes
• Able to produce functional area information in sufficient detail for cross-functional teams to utilize, using presentation and storytelling concepts.
• Possess extensive knowledge of full solution catalog within a business unit and proficiency in discussing each area at an advanced level.
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or equivalent quality certification
• Demonstrated working knowledge of internal organization
• Foresee obstacles, identify workarounds, leverage resources, rally teammates.
• Demonstrated ability to work with and/or lead blended teams, including 3rd party partners and customer personnel.
• Demonstrated Change Management /Acceleration capabilities
• Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence across all organizational levels
• Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
• Ability to influence and build consensus with other Information Technology (IT) teams and leadership
Inclusion and Diversity
GE Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer where inclusion matters. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
We expect all employees to live and breathe our behaviors: to act with humility and build trust; lead with transparency; deliver with focus, and drive ownership – always with unyielding integrity.
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.