General Electric ADVANCED MANUFACTURING ENGINEER in Beijing, China
Role Summary:Provide technical leadership for the introduction of processes for new product development and existing product transfer. Implement efforts to improve product and process quality. AME (Advanced Manufacturing Engineering) is recognized as a key manufacturing technology leader within their technology domain. Interface with global counter-parts to achieve program goals and integrate global activities when necessary.
Essential Responsibilities:• Responsible for introducing new process and equipment in NPI and transfer program, developing advanced manufacturing cost-effective solutions, and overseeing successful implementation into production.
• Drive rigor in process capability, process layout, process documentation, tooling and equipment development.
• Work with manufacturing team to identify and resolve manufacturing and quality issues related to process, tooling, equipment and product design.
• Support productivity, LEAN and brilliant manufacturing initiative using technical skillset and Lean Six Sigma tools, while ensuring all customer commitments are met in a timely, quality and cost-conscious manner.
• Main contact window with central AME, drive AME initiatives across sites while providing business-wide impact and enabling sharing of best practices across the Global Supply Chain.
• Keep up to date with the latest manufacturing technology trend, maintains funnel for plant modernization.
• Support compliance, as well as Environmental, Health & Safety efforts of plant goals
Quality Specific Goals:
• Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
• Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
• Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Qualifications/Requirements:• B.S. Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Automation, Industrial Engineering or related technical degree and 3 years’ experience
• Demonstrated design and industrialize skills in relevant area, or rich experiences in process intensive manufacturing
• Ability to identify technical risk and provide solution
• Ability to work independently
• Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) with global team
Desired Characteristics:• MS in technical concentration/field
• 5+ years’ experience in design or manufacturing engineering
• Knowledge of Robotics, Additive, PLC and Welding
• 6 sigma DMAIC or DFSS certified
• Experienced developing tools and equipment
• Demonstrated program or project management skills
• Demonstrated experience owning production processes /growing capability
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.comAdditional Locations:China;BeiJing, TianJin;Beijing;