General Electric Accounting Operations Analyst in Beijing, China
• Manage and perform US GAAP general accounting activities on behalf of local GE Businesses
o Prepare and record properly supported routine entries including subsystem transactions.
o Ensure transactions are booked in the right period through understanding of global closing calendars.
• Perform activities required for month-end closing (preparing and posting MJE, running reports)
according to the respective business deadlines
• Perform monthly and quarterly account reconciliation according to GE Policies
• Provide ad hoc reports to HQ, local controllership team and other finance functions
• Provide timely and appropriate financial data and supporting documentation to internal auditing
• Understand GE Policies and ensure that all accounting processes are in line with GE regulations and
principles, and confidentiality is respected in data handling when working with personal data and/or
• Besides the main tasks and responsibilities listed above, responsible for completing any other tasks
assigned by her/his supervisor or manager.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Proven Accounting experience
• Accounting experience in a multi-gaap environment (SSC) is a plus
• CICPA or equivalent accounting certificate is a plus
• Written and verbal fluency in English and Chinese
• Ability to learn/understand Standard & Processes quickly and adhere to them accurately
• Has good fundamental organization & prioritization skills
• Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
• Effective interpersonal & communication skills and highly professional style
• Comfortable delivering against quantitative and qualitative performance metrics
• Numerate with a good eye for detail
• Proficient IT skills including Excel and Outlook
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to work independently. Strong problem solving skills.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: China; BeiJing; Beijing