General Electric Region Operations Manager in Barrington, Illinois
Role Summary:Recognized as a lead expert, influences at the manager level, and responsible for facilitating transactions, producing, assembling and delivering replacement/ repair parts and equipment as part of a Services agreement or order. Includes activities such as processing transactions, managing processes, material management, site operations, or warehouse logistics & shipping, sometimes in a shop structure.
Essential Responsibilities:Key responsibilities include:
• Coordinate resources to achieve goals with a timely and cost-effective strategy.
• Lead and assist in daily operations.
• Develop, coordinate, lead, and execute daily production plans and coordinate consistent and effective shift-to-shift transition.
• Develop and implement process controls. Support operations leader in the strategic planning of manpower, equipment, and other resources.
• Develops a year plan for its own department. Is involved in discussions with other functions and teams about improvement in processes, procedures and ways of working.
• Communicates across direct organization. Presents to senior leaders (EB and SEB) in specific technical space and on cross functional teams on how technologies interconnect and contribute to overall strategy.
• Follows frameworks to get through the processes. There is room for negotiating and client specific conditions.
Qualifications/Requirements:1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in General Operations Support
Desired Characteristics:Preferred Qualifications:
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
Effective problem identification and solution skills.
Proven analytical and organizational ability.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming;ALL US States;