General Electric Global Talent Project Manager in Barrington, Illinois
The Global Talent Project Manager will lead and coordinate all talent project activity.
Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversight of all aspects of projects from deadlines, assigning responsibilities, status updates with corresponding metrics, etc. The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget.
• Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Ensure resource availability, allocation, and training on project management tools where necessary
• Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress for all projects
• Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
• Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
• Report and escalate to management as needed
• Manage and monitor the relationship between clients and stakeholders to ensure alignment throughout the life of all projects
• Perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
• Delegate project tasks based on expertise and capacity
• Track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals
• Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
• Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
• Attend conferences and training as required to maintain proficiency
• Perform other related duties as assigned
• Coordinate internal resources and potentially third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
• Proven working experience in project management
• Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: France, United Kingdom, United States; Illinois; Chicago
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.