General Electric Transport & Installation Lead Tool Engineer in Barcelona, Spain
Job Description Summary
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency and availability.
To be part of the PMO/T&I Engineering and Asset Management team of GE Wind Offshore. The team is responsible for the design and supply of all the PMO/T&I tools for the GE Wind Offshore projects around the world. The team is directing the design, manufacturing and supply of the tools related to the sea transport, road transport, storage, pre assembly and offshore installation of the wind turbines.
The team is also responsible to ensure full integration of tools and overall T&I requirements into the design of the turbine, as well as transferring a full documentation package, ready to be deployed by the PMO T&I Operations. The team is accountable to continuously enhance the performances of PMO by improving transportability and installability of the WTG, and optimizing tools CAPEX footprint.
The T&I lead tool engineer is in charge to manage critical tools development in an unattended way, starting from its draft definition (developed transversally with System Engineers inputs) to complete design definition (ready for hand over with T&I Asset Management team and PMO Operations). The T&I Tool Engineer will also support Project team during operations when required and share feedbacks with System team.
Develop the tools
Prepare technical specification (ETS) for RFQ
Support Sourcing team during RFQ until supplier award
Ensure Design development budget, schedule and deliverables
Accountable for design deliverables, on time and quality
Ensure Design process including Design reviews performed during tool design development.
Support tools deployment
Lead test & validation through FAT and SAT of the tools.
Be trained to use the tools and be able to train other operators when possible.
Support the operations on site during mobilization and demobilization of the tools, in particular when assembly is required.
Support project team to organize trainings, coordinate with tool suppliers.
Capitalize on tool development
Support project team during the use of the tools. Collect feedback.
Analyze technical issue when required, propose solutions in coordination with back office when required, instruct and follow-on site adaptations.
Propose short term and long-term improvements.
· Master’s degree or equivalent in mechanical or electrical
· Significant experience in similar role
· Experienced in heavy lift preferably in the offshore wind field
· Experienced in transport systems and logistic of heavy components
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Fluent in English both spoken and written
· Experienced in industrial tools for assembly of large components
· Experience in mechanical structure and/or electrical/automatism/hydraulic tools
· Offshore standards for sea transport and marine operations
· DNV and EU standards for tool specifications
· Organized and transparent
· Good communication skills, high flexibility
· Able to work within a multicultural/multidiscipline team
· Available to travel to fabrication site
Relocation Assistance Provided: No