General Electric IT Operations Lead in Barcelona, Spain
Job Description Summary
The candidate will be responsible for technically leading a team(s) of highly talented and motivated system administrators. This role will be focused on the continued maturity of the RE Server operations team. Key responsibilities are focused on daily operational excellence, meeting and reporting defined KPIs, improvements and efficiency through lean activities and the continuous improvement of the RE internal and customer facing service offerings. This role is a critical partnership with other internal and external stakeholders and provides wing to wing operational support for products and infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
· Lead a team, or teams that are focused across the digital operations space to include OT/IT infrastructure and databases.
· Proactively identify and resolve issues and make recommendations for improvements to existing processes.
· Lead cross-discipline teams to establish an integrated plan to deliver team commitments.
· Enforces governance structure that identifies key performance indicators, sets milestones, and establishes a reporting cadence.
· Tracks and monitors project status and metrics to ensure milestones are met, and internal and external delivery commitments are met.
· Drive adherence to IT/OT Compliance standards (NERC, ISO) by minimizing exception processes and creating streamlined or automated solutions for gaps.
· Foster a work culture at all levels that is positive, collaborative, respectful, innovative, dynamic, with high integrity, and capable of driving positive change over sustained periods of time.
· Manage client & vendor problem resolution and escalation.
· Complete root cause analysis of defects and implement controls to mitigate repetitive issues.
· Ensures ongoing communication of progress against program objectives.
· Provide oversight and drive team optimization and individual team member growth.
· Develop, Capture and Report fleet health metrics.
· Proactively identify performance bottlenecks and assist in resolving them in collaboration with product engineering and production support.
· Assist information security teams via monitoring solutions to ensure the production infrastructure remains secure.
· Work with Customer Service teams to resolve customer escalations.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with advanced experience.
EU Work Permit
Desired Characteristics Technical Expertise:
Experience working directly with Cloud providers/infrastructure (AWS, Azure etc.), database technologies, operating systems (Windows, Linux) and orchestration tools (Chef, puppet)
Managing and administering any monitoring tool like HP Openview, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Nagios, New Relic, OpsView or equivalent
Basic software development exposure – hands on with any programming or scripting language (preferably shell/Perl/python or Java)
Some understand of database technologies to address monitoring deployments and requirements
Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and with other GE businesses
Articulates the story, uses two-way communication and influences outcomes and ongoing results
· Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies demonstrated through training, job experience and / or industry activities.
· Experienced in design, performance, availability and scalability of the infrastructure.
· Good experience leading multi-discipline technical teams, across multiple service types.
· Experience managing budgets, including annual budget planning and managing cost challenges.
· Strong experience in customer facing roles with proven track record of customer success
· Demonstrated understanding of Lean principles
· Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
· Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
· Proven written and oral communication skills and the ability to interface with leadership with confidence and clarity
· Uses critical thinking skills and disciplined approaches to help operational and leadership teams resolve issues and define solutions.
· Strategic thinker with the ability to create and execute concrete action plans.
· Good analytical, project management, and organizational skills.
· Ability to work under tight deadlines and to prioritize under pressure.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No