General Electric HAL-X –Pitch System Mechanical Engineer in Barcelona, Spain
We are the doers. The leaders. The makers. The change-bringers. We are all different, uniting to solve the world’s toughest challenges. Our teams are hungry to make history, acting with integrity to relentlessly improve people’s lives. With every weld, every sale, and every code we write we keep the world in motion. It’s time to stop dreaming about the future; let’s build it together.
The Pitch System Mechanical Engineer is responsible for design requirements definition, design development, design documentation design validation and development of related simulation tools for of Haliade-X pitch system mechanical components.
He / She will work in the Engineering Rotor Team, focusing in pitch system mechanical components design while in cross-functional collaboration with other Haliade-X Engineering teams.
Essential Responsibilities :
• Design requirements definition Collect and document pitch system mechanical design requirements at both subsystem and component level in accordance with system level wind turbine product requirements to reach functionality, timing, cost and reliability targets across Haliade-X platform development roadmap
Transversally align, agree and specify interfaces with the surrounding components and systems owners focusing in optimum wind turbine system level performance
• Design developmentSpecify, design, calculate and validate pitch system mechanical components to meet the defined design requirements The Pitch System Mechanical Engineer is responsible to issue all the requested documentation to support the design by passing the design reviews and applying the design guidelines. He / She is accountable of all related documentation required by other functions and suppliers to produce and integrate the components in the turbine. This includes supplier specifications, assembly drawings, design drawings, packaging instructions, transport instructions, preservation instructions, installation instructions, commissioning instructions, controls interface instructions and all related additional documentation in alignment with the defined design guidelines.
• Component Validation The Pitch System Mechanical Engineer develops the Test & Validation strategy for structural components in alignment with the corresponding design guidelines and related design teams • Component evolution design ownershipThe Pitch System Mechanical Engineer is responsible of component design evolution and will be responsible of: o Engineering design changes management o Design non-conformities resolution o Participate in the technological watch, actively promoting both the protection and the development of GE’s intellectual property. • Design tools and methodologies The Pitch System Mechanical Engineer shall lead and collaborate in design tools and methodologies development, correlation and certification. He/She is in charge to keep and promote within the team an updated view of the state of the art of pitch gearbox and pitch bearing specific design tools and calculation methodologies
• Engineering degree with a master in structural or mechanical design, from an accredited university • Solid knowledge of structural design against ultimate and fatigue stress on steel structures as well as bolted connections.
• Solid knowledge of gears and actuators design tools and methodologies • Solid knowledge of tools and methodologies for slew bearings design in wind industry or similar application • Experience with mechanical CAD design tools (NX, Catia or similar) • Experience with FEM design and calculation tools (Ansys, Abacus or similar) • Mayor experience in mechanical components development including participation in creation of specifications, design, calculation and validation. Such experience shall come from wind industry or similar application • Proven ability to coordinate transversal teams and suppliers during development and industrialization projects • Used to work according to international codes, guidelines and standards for mechanical components and applications (ISO, IEC, DNV-GL…) • Fluent in English (spoken and written) • Strong oral and written communication skills • Strong interpersonal and leadership skills • Availability to travel sporadically • Positive mindsetIf contracted in Spain:Non-national candidates are responsible to know the minimum documentation requirements to be able to be contracted in country: NIE- Social Security Affiliation Number in Spain (NAF) and Bank Account in Spain. They must be in possession of them at the time of start hiring. GE will not sponsor this requirement.
Desired Characteristics :
• Experience in slew bearings and gearbox design and validation within wind industry • Experience with systems simulation tools (i.e. Matlab, Simulink)
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :
Relocation Assistance Provided: No