General Electric Engineering Sr Program Manager in Barcelona, Spain
Job Description Summary
The Onshore Wind Engineering Senior Program Manager (PM) will be responsible for enabling, facilitating, and overseeing the achievement of Engineering team organizational goals. The Senior PM will implement and influence our Engineering strategy, helping the team to stay on course to deliver specific outcomes while driving overall growth and success. In this role you will partner and interact with Engineering and Product Development leaders to accomplish strategic objectives. You will plan and track program activities, trading off business risks with schedule and budget demands. You will establish and monitor metrics to ensure our plans stay on track and adjust where necessary.
This PM role will be heavily focused on the implementing our Engineering Design Boards and Design Practices Strategy.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have prior experience in program management and operations. A technical bachelor's degree is required.
In addition, you will:
• Use the principles and tools of LEAN (daily management, action plans, problem solving reports, and standard work) to achieve our objectives efficiently while continuously learning and improving processes and operating rhythms.
• Develop new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization including schedules, budgets, and operating plans.
• Partner with Senior Leaders and Functional Managers to ensure programs deliver established project outcomes and KPI’s on schedule and on budget.
• Implement, manage, and communicate changes to ensure goals & objectives are met throughout program lifecycles.
• Establish and implement resource strategies to fulfill objectives.
• Analyze program risks and demonstrate effective risk mitigation and problem-solving to meet and exceed expected program outcomes.
• Communicate regularly and transparently with Project Leaders, Functional Managers and Business Leaders concerning project issues and decisions.
• Coordinate interdependencies of programs within the portfolio.
• Drive clarity of program scope, outcomes and deliverables aligning to Engineering priorities.
• Work with schedulers to create and update schedules in P6 Primavera.
• Present or otherwise accurately report program status to senior business leaders.
• Assure proper documentation of technical, financial, and quality data generated for the assigned programs and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Drive simplification and standardization of best practices into engineering analyses, validation, program execution and overall operations.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology, Operations Management or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in Program Management, Engineering, or Operations.
• Experience delivering strategic outcomes across global teams and engineering functions.
• Experience working with Sr Technical Leaders.
• Experience in Design Processes.
• Wind industry experience.
• GE Wind Energy product knowledge.
• Functional knowledge of PM and operations tools for program planning (scope, resources, budget) and tracking.
• Self-starter, highly motivated, innovative, and creative thinker.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No