General Electric Sr Staff Data Scientist in Bangalore, India
The Sr Staff Data Scientist will work in and lead teams as a technical domain expert for Application & Software engineering group that support the EHS, Global Law & Policy, Security & Crisis Management, Properties functions and others for Corporate Systems. In this role, he/she will contribute to the development and deployment of modern machine learning, operational research, semantic analysis, and statistical methods for finding structure in large data sets.
The Sr Staff Data Scientist will be part of a data science or cross-disciplinary team and will be working on development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets.
• Coach and mentor others in the analysis, design, test and/or integration required to define and support the implementation and validation of the optimization algorithms that meet business needs.
• Work alongside data scientists, software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services.
• Participate in Data Science Workouts to shape Data Science opportunities and identify opportunities to use data science to create customer value. Develop, verify, and validate analytics to address customer needs and opportunities.
• Well versed with corporate processes – Legal, EHS & Compliance areas
• Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments.
• Effectively communicate and provide recommendations to internal and external GE customers through the analysis, preparation and presentation of technical data.
• Work in technical teams in development, deployment, and application of applied analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics.
• Support teams technical proficiency and growth.
• BSc degree with 10 years of experience or Master’s degree with 8 years of experience or PhD degree with 6 years of experience (relevant).
• Degree must be in Mathematics, Statistics & Computer Science (or related fields)
• Programming skills in python, R, SAS, Weka, MATLAB, Dataiku and others (Predix platform , SQL)
• Proficient in Statistical / Machine Learning / Deep Learning / especially NLP techniques
• Effective written and oral communication skills in English
• Demonstrated skill in data management methods and analytic scaling
• Demonstrated skill in prescriptive analytics and analytic prototyping
• Demonstrated skill in solutions integration
• Experience in both prototyping solutions for complex problems and explaining logic
• Experience in Data Mining techniques and Machine Learning algorithms
• Provides leadership, technology guidance and mentors others throughout their domain.
• Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas, uses chains of indirect influence.
• Demonstrated expertise in influencing, presentation and communications skills
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
Locations: India; Bangalore