General Electric Senior Engineer, Stress Engineering in Bangalore, India
GE Renewable Energy is a $10 billion start-up that brings together one of the broadest product and service portfolios of the renewable energy industry. Combining onshore and offshore wind, hydro and innovative technologies such as concentrated solar power and more recently turbine blades, GE Renewable Energy has installed more than 400+ gigawatts capacity globally to make the world work better and cleaner. With more than 22,000 employees present in more than 55 countries, GE Renewable Energy is backed by the resources of the world’s first digital industrial company. Our goal is to demonstrate to the rest of the world that nobody should ever have to choose between affordable, reliable, and sustainable energy.
Follow us @GERenewables
LM Wind Power, a GE Renewable Energy Company (approx. 9300 employees globally), is the world’s leading supplier of blades and service to the wind industry, and the only supplier that operates on a global basis. The wind turbine industry is becoming increasingly complex, with radical progress made over the last few decades, providing great opportunities for professional development and a work environment that promotes initiative and creativity. If working in a company which creates state-of-the-art technology and processes attracts you, LM Wind Power has a career for you.
• Work on activities within areas of Finite element and structural analysis
• New Product Development Engineer with capacity to execute blade designs independently
• Responsible for Pre-designs (Gate 0.9), Structural Design (Gate 3), Full Scale Test simulations, Bolt Solutions
• Familiar with blade manufacturing and contributes to prototype build at Plants
• Contribute to deliverables for Certification of Blade
• Structural Design & Analysis
• Knowledge of Applied Mechanics and Strength of Materials
• Hands on experience with reinforced composites is preferred
• Familiarity with CAE tools such as Abaqus/CAE, MSc Patran is preferred.
• Masters in Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering
• 5 + Years of experience in structural designing and analysis.
• Pro-active Attitude and Team player
• Effective English communication and listening skills (Oral and Written)
• Open minded and Adapts to Customer / Business Changes
Locations: India; Bangalore