General Electric MR Clinical Scientist in Auckland, New Zealand
Role Summary:The purpose of this role is to explore, define and develop next-generation MRI applications and support development of the MR product roadmap through close collaboration with key research partners. This role will also work with international cross-functional teams to help drive the translation of new applications into broader clinical use
• Combine knowledge of MR imaging physics, engineering, computer science and clinical needs to explore, design, develop and test new features for MR acquisition, workflow, reconstruction, post-processing, and visualization on GE MRI scanners
• Use knowledge of diagnostic imaging portfolio and unmet clinical needs to define and shape new development projects in areas including cardiac and brain MRI
• Identify and foster partnerships and leverage research relationships with key academic collaborators and other 3rd parties to define and develop clinically relevant solutions
Evaluate and extend new concepts; develop new innovations to strengthen GE IP portfolio
• Contribute to MR scientific societies through 1st-author and co-author publication and presentation of GE research output
• Work with cross-functional engineering teams across global GE sites to integrate prototypes into product-level software, as appropriate
• Work with product managers, regulatory, Global Research Organization, and global marketing to define and conduct research studies and gather clinical proof points for new features
• Use broad expertise in MR physics and applications to help support and resolve quality issues at customer site
• Act as the voice of the customer and connection point to global headquarters resources
• Ph.D. in Physics, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
• Demonstrated record of innovation in MR physics research, development of new pulse sequences, reconstruction methods, or other applications of MR imaging techniques.
• Strong English language oral and written communication skills
• Willing and able to be located and working in the New Zealand
• Can-do attitude, flexible, intellectually curious, willing to work with diverse global team
• Willing to travel up to 20% of time
• Programming experience in C and/or C++ and/or Python and/or Matlab
Desired Characteristics:• Professional experience in MR imaging research
• Familiarity with GE EPIC Pulse Sequence Development environment and GE Orchestra Reconstruction environment.
• Experience working with clinicians within a hospital environment
• Machine learning experience
• Experience with research collaborations
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. GE Healthcare enables clinicians to make faster, more informed decisions through intelligent devices, data analytics, applications and services, supported by its Edison intelligence platform. With over 100 years of healthcare industry experience and around 50,000 employees globally, the company operates at the center of an ecosystem working toward precision health, digitizing healthcare, helping drive productivity and improve outcomes for patients, providers, health systems and researchers around the world. www.gehealthcare.comAdditional Locations:New Zealand;Based at Gisborne, NZ;