General Electric Staff Site Reliability Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Description Summary
The Site Reliability Engineering team is responsible for the availability and reliability of our worldwide Cloud based applications and platform. We obsess over availability by building tools, engineering new systems to automate our platform/apps, and are given the freedom to cut across all organizations to identify availability impediments and drive them to closure. We are software engineers with full visibility and influence across the entire technical stack. We strive to ensure some of the biggest companies / Industries in the world always have reliable access to the software & solutions that power their businesses.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Establish performance baseline, capacity thresholds, correlate events, and define monitoring/alerting criteria
• Develop automated solutions to address potential problems before they result in a service interruption
• Provide impact assessment and mitigation plan for changes going into the production environment
• Investigate root cause of severe and systemic outages, identify corrective actions and apply across the enterprise
• Develop availability measures that align with consumer experience to accurately assess the usability of crucial services
• Build capacity models to baseline transactional load compared to resource performance and leverage data to predict overall system capacity while automating load placement to avoid outages
• Identify thresholds for all critical links in the data path to quickly isolate where imbalances may result in potential outages
• Analyze failure points in services to model risk level and resolution steps if failure occurs.
• Assist in driving architecture enhancements into system to mitigate potential failure points.
• Programmatically monitor for and remediate configuration drift of critical devices
• Develop response plans to potential failure points and evaluate effectiveness during planned tests
• Perform comprehensive operational health checks of the entire services to identify areas of concern and track activities to drive improvements at all levels of the architecture
• Provide technical coaching and direction to more junior teammates
Eligibility Requirements: “ Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.”
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum 6 years of experience
• Experience with configuring, customizing, and extending monitoring tools (Datadog, Sensu, Grafana, Splunk, etc.)
• Excellent knowledge of common operating systems (Unix/Linux, Windows)
Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated experience scripting or developing software and services for the cloud Ruby, Python, Go, Java, Node.js, .NET, etc.
• Extensive knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, FTP, syslog, TFTP, etc.
• Experience managing version control systems such as Git
• Experience deploying and managing infrastructure on public clouds such as AWS or Azure
• Experience using an automated configuration management system (Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt, etc.)
• Strong organizational and project management skills
• Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Excellent knowledge of Network Management (SNMP, MIB)
• Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP networking, and inter-networking technologies (routing/switching, proxy, firewall, load balancing etc.)
• Knowledge and experience using Analytics Software Packages like Matlab, SAS, JMPro etc. Programming experience with open source scripting and data analysis packages like Python, R is a plus.
• Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytics skills and best practices by actively incorporating input from various sources
• Strong analytical and strong problem solving skills - effectively evaluates information/data to make decisions; anticipates obstacles and develops plans to resolve
• Continuous improvement oriented – actively generates process improvements; champions and drives change initiatives
• Ability to deliver results in a rapidly changing dynamic environment
• Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out and the ability to work independently
• Must be a team player with a strong desire to win
• Passionate about continuously learning and able to quickly adapt and pivot to win in dynamic environment
• Highly organized and efficient; able to balance competing priorities and execute accordingly
• Strong oral and written communication skills
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes