General Electric Staff Cyber Security Engineer - SOAR | Remote Opportunity in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Description Summary
GE CIRT is looking for a talented engineer to join our dynamic space. The Staff Cyber Security Engineer role is responsible for creating and engineering automation pipelines, interfacing with GE-CIRT's Incident Response Operations Team, leading meetings, and participating in the planning of future projects. The engineer has a background in incident response, threat intelligence, or equivalent applicable fields as a foundation to support the execution of these tasks.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide high-quality, cost-effective engineering within GE-CIRT's Security, Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR) platform to streamline and expedite incident response workflows.
• Lead meetings with GE-CIRT's Incident Response Operations team to identify and prioritize potential projects based on impact, feasibility, and urgency.
• Builds automation around operations & software development processes (CI/CD)
• Applies knowledge of cybersecurity and incident response operations to ensure automation outcomes remain relevant to the operations stakeholders.
• Promotes best practices, design patterns, standards through workshops, knowledge sharing, and code walk-throughs
• Provides mentorship, advice, and skill enhancement to junior team members.
• Participates in on-call after-hours support rotation to ensure that critical performance issues are resolved in a timely manner, in accordance with established customer expectations and SLAs.
A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) 6+ years of relevant IT experience OR a H.S. Diploma and 10+ years of relevant IT experience.
U.S. work authorization is required, we will not sponsor work visa's for this role now or in the future.
Desired Characteristics / Technical Expertise:
• Experience interacting with APIs to develop applications
• Knowledge of CI/CD and automation tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins)
• Experience working in a CIRT or Cyber Fusion Center environment
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational and analytical skills, including experience using at least one development/release framework (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
• Detailed understanding of CND-based analytical models (Kill Chain, ATT&CK, Pyramid of Pain, etc.)
• Detailed understanding of APT, Cyber Crime and other associated tactics
• Practical experience in host forensics and network analysis techniques and tools
• Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task and prioritize efforts
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment
• Foundational cyber security knowledge in at least two areas (e.g. architecture, digital forensics, incident response, threat intelligence)
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No