General Electric Sr Staff Software Engineer in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for designing highly complex modules, critical components or a whole application/product in its entirety. Has the vision to integrate it across multiple systems. This position works independently and is seen as a technical leader. The position is responsible for driving the design and development efforts related to architecture, scalability, availability and performance in alignment with the product/application roadmap.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for providing technical leadership and defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development m and infrastructure
· Provides expert guidance on Business Intelligence (BI) skills and technologies. Lead development of scalable and maintainable BI applications to meet business objectives.
· Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction across the product portfolio or product line.
· Analyze design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
• Provide guidance to developers with either planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies such as SCRUM
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Capture system level requirements by brainstorming with CTO, Sr. Architects, Data Scientists, Businesses & Product Managers
• Leads impact assessment and decision related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
• Subject matter expert in processes and methodologies with ability to adapt and improvise in various situations. Expert in navigating through ambiguity and prioritizing conflicting asks.
• Expert level skills in design, architecture and development, with an ability to take a deep dive in the implementation aspects if the situation demands.
• Leads the architecture and design efforts across the product / multiple product versions and is an expert in architecting custom solutions off the base product.
• Expert in core data structures as well as algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice when necessary – as a value offering.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum 10 years of relevant experience
Desired Characteristics & Technical Expertise:
Facilitates and coaches software engineering team sessions on requirements estimation and alternative approaches to team sizing and estimation. Leads a community of practice around estimation to share best practices among teams
Extremely knowledgeable and hands-on experience with data visualization tools like IBI WebFocus, Power BI, Tableau, SSRS or similar.
Experienced in all phases of SDLC including analysis, design, coding and testing, expertise in integration using J2EE architecture.
Experience in developing microservices using Spring-Boot and Java tech stack.
Exposure to Containerization, CI/CD and Kubernetes.
Familiarity with cloud technologies like AWS or Azure or GCP or similar
Knowledgeable about developments in UX in various contexts, businesses, and industries. Quantifies effectiveness of design choices by gathering data. Drives accountability and adoption. Publishes guidance and documentation to promote adoption of design. Proposes design solutions based on research and synthesis; creates general design principles that capture the vision and critical concerns for a program.
Demonstrates mastery of the intricacies of interactions and dynamics in Agile teams. Demonstrates advanced understanding of Lean Six Sigma principles (e.g., Black belt certified). Guides new teams to adopt Agile, troubleshoots adoption efforts, and guide continuous improvement. Provides training on Lean / Agile. Drives elimination of inefficiencies in coding process. Teaches XP practices to others. Actively embraces new methods and practices that increase efficiency and effectiveness.
• Evaluates technology to drive features and roadmaps. Maps technology trends to internal vision. Differentiates buzzwords from value proposition. Embraces technology trends that drive excellence beyond traditional practices (e.g., Test automation in lieu of traditional QA practices).
• Balances value propositions for competing stakeholders. Recommends a well-researched recommendation of buy vs. build solution. Conveys the value proposition for the company by assessing financial risks and gains of decisions and return on investment (ROI). Manages the process of building and maintaining a successful alliance. Understands and successfully applies common analytical techniques, including ROI, SWOT, and Gap analyses. Able to clearly articulate the business drivers relevant to a given initiative.
• Influences through others; builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas. Pre-emptively sees downstream consequences and effectively tailors influencing strategy to support a positive outcome. Uses experts or other third parties to influence.
• Able to verbalize what is behind decisions and downstream implications. Continuously reflecting on success and failures to improve performance and decision-making. Understands when change is needed. Participates in technical strategy planning.
• Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team. Able to navigate accountability in a matrixed organization.
Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose. Learns from failure.
• Able to effectively direct and mentor others in critical thinking skills. Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analysis skills and best practices. Finds important patterns in seemingly unrelated information.
• Influences and energizes other toward the common vision and goal. Maintains excitement for a process and drives to new directions of meeting the goal even when odds and setbacks render one path impassable.
• Innovates and integrates new processes and/or technology to significantly add value to GE. Identifies how the cost of change weighs against the benefits and advises accordingly. Proactively learns new solutions and processes to address seemingly unanswerable problems.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes