General Electric Project Management Leadership Program (PMLP) in Atlanta, Georgia
Job Description Summary
Through our Project Management Leadership Program (PMLP), at GE Power we are nurturing the next generation of EPC project managers and project functional management leaders for complex gas power turnkey projects.
This leadership program is designed to accelerate the development of talents from the field of project execution. It involves three highly challenging rotational assignments, intense training curricula in the areas of technical and leadership skills, mentoring and continuous on the job learning.
Please note that this a pipeline posting for future hiring, appreciate your patience.
This is a two-year program spanning three eight-month long rotational assignments out of which at least one will be on a project (construction) site. Other rotations may take place in another project discipline like scheduling, contract management, plant engineering, project finance - based on the personal growth journey of the candidate.
During the program PMLPs will develop a solid understanding of how project execution works in the gas power sector. They will work with our best in class project managers and project staff to acquire the necessary technical and leadership competencies to be able fulfill both customer and business objectives.
Upon successful completion of the 2-year program, participants will land in a role in one of the core project management disciplines (project management, contract management, construction, planning, fulfillment, service), based on their competencies, personal aspirations and current business demand.
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited university
• Minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 years relevant work experience with solid performance
• Experience in project management, construction or field (service) engineering preferably in the energy or oil & gas sector
• Fluent in English
• Strong desire to work in the field
The successful candidate
• Is resilient and has the ability to deal with pressure
• Has a persuasive communication style and brings energy and a goal orientated approach to their role
• Is able to handle conflict and defuse tension
• Is able to drive outcomes across multi-functional teams often times in a virtual arrangement
• Has the courage to speak up and addresses issues transparently
• Is able to comprehend complex information from various stakeholders
• Has an eye for the details
• Is open to feedback, self-reflection and invests in their own growth
• Can work across different cultures with inclusion and respect
• Ability to complete multi-location rotations, and travel both domestically and / or internationally for up to 8 months per rotation
• Ability to do field site rotation
• Ability to make 2-year commitment to GE after successful graduation
• Proven leadership skills and prior experience leading projects or teams
• Experience in project scheduling
• Experience in working with contracts in an EPC environment
• (Project) finance experience
• Experience in working internationally
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes