General Electric Asheville Quality Inspector - Highly Skilled in Asheville, North Carolina
Role Summary:Tests and inspects products at various stages of the production and/or rework process.
Essential Responsibilities:Read and interpret basic blueprint, tool, and gage prints, specifications, purchase orders, GD&T and other Company and customer documents pertaining to the quality and manufacturing of products produced and purchased.
• Use inspection instruments including CMM’s, contour tracers, comparators, micrometers, gauge blocks, calipers, meters, indicators, etc.
• Perform calibration of tooling and gauging as required.
• Perform necessary mathematical calculations as required with minimum amount of training.
• Conduct diversity of inspections, which may include first piece inspections, in-process sampling, or final floor/bench inspection of parts.
• Check parts or processes for conformity to drawings or specifications.
• Follow standardized procedures with allowable variations defined.
• Devise ordinary gauging or measuring setups or make adaptations to inspection equipment or fixtures.
• Notify supervisor in case of excessive defects.
• Be capable of passing a Level II Nondestructive Examiner’s test required for performing Fluorescent Penetration Inspection, if required to do so.
Qualifications/Requirements:• A high school diploma/GED with at least 3 years of manufacturing or shop experience.
• Moderate - heavy lifting (up to 50lbs), pushing, pulling, climbing, crawling, bending, and/or squatting/stooping or working in tight places or above shoulder height.
• Eyesight correctable to 20/20 required.
Desired Characteristics:Demonstrated ability with computer systems.
• Strong documentation skills to record operations and data.
• Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills.
• A positive can-do attitude.
• Maintain a positive attitude that drives team collaboration.
• Ability to manage time and multiple projects in addition to normal duties.
• Maintain proactive stance rather than reactive
• Ability to work with a multitude of teams, including operators and engineers
• Complete assigned tasks in safe, timely and professional manner.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.Additional Locations:United States;North Carolina;Asheville;