General Electric Ashalim O&M Station Manager in Ashalim, Israel
Job Description Summary
We are looking for an O&M Station Manager for the Ashalim Solar Plant located in the Israeli Negev.
In this position you shall be accountable for the operation, maintenance and organizational activities at the Power Station and the implementation of Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety procedures to ensure customer satisfaction, performance target and compliance with GE processes and local regulations.
Essential Responsibilities :
Accountable for the operation, maintenance and administration activities of the Ashalim Solar Power Station
Recruit, train, develop and lead the O&M team, and periodically assess their ability and potential
Serve as the main site representative for the Customer and Authorities - Establish and maintain good relations with the Customer and other parties, including partners, representatives of the local community and the authorities
Implement and maintain Quality, Environmental, Health & Safety processes per local regulations and GE’s requirements
Achieve operational and financial targets derived from contractual, technical and commercial obligations
Ensure proper financial controls and develop cost consciousness within the team
Ensure that the Power Plant operates to its optimum potential within given constraints
Lead and promote a competent team that achieves the highest standards of performance, Quality and EHS
Implement the Power Station Management System and adapt guidance documents to sites specific Work Instructions
Ensure that all applicable internal procedures are followed and properly recorded
Act as the interface with various internal stakeholders such as engineering, finance and sourcing
• Electrical or Mechanical Engineering BSc degree, preferably with a post graduate Business Administration qualification / MSc degree.
• Extensive knowledge of engineering practices, functions and processes involved in the operation and maintenance of a Power Station.
• Previous experience in a similar role or managing a team in large-scale industrial facility, including managing a budget.
• Previous experience leading and motivating a team.
• Previous experience in a Customer facing role.
• Previous experience working in an international company.
• Fluent in English (speaking and writing).
Desired Characteristics :
• Excellent management skills, combining task and people orientation with the ability to reach satisfactorily negotiated solutions
• Proven leadership skills in a multicultural environment
• Good communication and presentation skills
• Goal oriented and able to effectively manage changing priorities, conflicts and perform well under pressure
The job is open to men and women equally
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes