General Electric Senior Software Engineer in Arlington Heights, Illinois
Job Description Summary
Responsible for programing a component, feature and or feature set. Works independently and contributes to the immediate team and to other teams across business. You will also contribute to design discussions.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our Digital organization is structured around three major areas: Products & Platform, Go to Market and Centers of Excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Be responsible for defining, developing, and evolving software in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development technologies and infrastructure
• Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) to understand product requirements & vision
• Translate requirements / vision into prioritized list of user stories and deliver to required timelines and quality standards
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging product and technology reuse
• Drive world-class quality in the development and support of products
• Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
• Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
• Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
• Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
• Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using technology chosen
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with 5+ years experience
• Experience with Java/J2EE, Junit, mock frameworks, Spring, Hibernate
• Experience in Enterprise Application Architecture & Design
• Proficient in creating WebServices, interfaces
• Experience with SQL, experience in creating Data Models, Store Procedures, views, functions, DB scripts
• Experience using tools like Eclipse, Perforce, Maven/Ant, and Bamboo or Cruise control
• Experience in JMS, MQ Messaging(RabbitMQ)
• Experience with application servers such as Tomcat/SpringBoot
• Experience with Cassandra/Spark technologies
• Experience in learning new technologies
• Experience in Agile development practices: Test Driven Development (TDD), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Scrum
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No