General Electric Senior Service Project Manager in Arlington Heights, Illinois
The role will identify and execute maintenance cost reduction projects for Global Services Organization (GSO), and will engage product managers and customers at mid-level management and technical levels to develop/refine portfolio strategy, influence customer & industry direction and execute strategy. Role will also influence cross-functional teams, lead innovative loco cost projects, and be accountable for the short and long-term results of a multi-million dollar project portfolio.
• Responsible for product line performance with shared targets on orders, sales, margin and lifetime cost impact.
• Identify and influences market trends and opportunities.
• Work with squads within Operations and Technology team to identify projects that can lead to significant savings in material cycle cost as well as margin improvement on parts sales.
Be a domain/business expert for the portfolio to guide and mentor teams, and establish/refine product management interaction processes.
•Engage product managers and customer interfacing teams at mid-level management and technical levels to integrate portfolio strategy, support influence of customer & industry direction and execute strategy
•be accountable for driving successful delivery of products and aligning on part sales and software solution strategies, and representing the Operations & Technology team.
• Represent Operations & Technology and work with GRC and Consulting Engineers on niche technology that contributes towards overall services productivity.
• Support projects through the scoping, active, and cut-in phases to successful project actualization and booking
• Mentor peers and provide technical guidance as required
• Support a cross-functional team from Services, Engineering, Supply Chain, Product Management, Quality, Risk, and external suppliers to meet all project execution milestones (Such as; tollgates, design reviews, and part creation) ahead of schedule
• Translate MSA actualization requirements into detailed project plans, while driving internal execution to meet project targets
• Facilitate communication within the team, as needed, to achieve milestones and professionally manage communications with internal / external project stakeholders
• Identify risks to project execution, schedule, or valuation and facilitate the mitigation of those risks with the appropriate team
• Continually develop a network of resources in support of project execution
• Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
• Manage the project budget and timeline, to ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
• Influence cross-functional teams, lead innovative loco cost projects, and be accountable for the short and long-term results of a multi-million dollar project portfolio.
• cross functional engagement with data analytics team within Operations & Technology as well as Engineering, product management and supply chain functions to identify projects that contributes to material cost savings and or margin improvement for the services organization
• Professionally represent GE during all customer and supplier interactions
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in services engineering.
Willingness and ability to travel 25% of the time, both domestic and internationally
Ability to collaborate and influence cross functional teams
• Able to re-appropriate existing solutions to new requirements and situations
• Experience working with Field services organization
• Strong understanding of MSA portfolio
• Understanding of data analytics tools & data warehouse
• Strong understanding of supply chain and shop operations
• Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
• Strong business, technical, and financial acumen
• Effective communication and presentation skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Knowledge of Transportation and Global Service processes
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Illinois; Chicago
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.