General Electric Lead Commercial Finance Analyst in Arlington Heights, Illinois
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Transportation! GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Transportation is in the midst of significant change, working to separate from GE and integrate with Wabtec. The Canadian National (CN) finance Analyst will demonstrate accountability for functional and business objectives and will integrate and develop processes that meet business needs across the organization,. This role will also manage complex issues within finance, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall customer strategy with CN.
In addition you will:
• Serve as a business partner to the CN operating team to drive business initiatives, growth, and profitability
• Partner with the CN operating team to drive operating performance and act as champion for cash generation through cost optimization, productivity and inventory utilization
• Continually champion process simplification initiatives to free up time to focus on value-add work in the organization
• Partner with Global Shared Services to transition standard work (billing, forecasting, etc.) to centers of excellence
• Develop estimates, operating plans, forecasts, reviews and S2 (1-year plan)
• Drive a controllership mindset within the account, ultimately responsible for accurate financial statements and driving the best long term decisions for the business
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university or college
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in a financial position
or completion of a GE finance leadership program
• Able to anticipate, identify, and resolve complex financial issues
• Demonstrated team leadership ability
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• PC proficiency
• Established analytical and project management ability with a simplification/automation/digitization mindset
Locations: United States; Illinois; Chicago
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.