General Electric Field Application Scientist - Cellular Analysis in Any Major Metro Area in Texas, Texas
Responsible for providing the formal technical and clinical support during the sales process. Responsibilities may include providing the required pre-sale product demonstrations (or clinical trial support) as well as post-sale installation, training and/or customer service activities to support sales objectives for their geography. Responsibilities also include ongoing post-sale customer support including on site clinical in-servicing and go-live support.
• Provide technical and clinical leadership during sales process by demonstrating full range of product features including potential uses, product capabilities and benefits to customers as needed.
• Develop, coordinate and deliver product training to customers on software, application and/or equipment use, monitor customer installations within assigned territory/region to improve customer satisfaction and maintain customer relationships.
• Improve customer satisfaction and socket retention through continuing education on optimization of equipment utilization by customer.
• Produce well-written post-training reports and provide regular feedback on customer satisfaction and needs.
• Facilitate team communication and the sharing of best practices.
• Assist with the assimilation of new hires into the organization. Act as a mentor to field team, providing clinical, technical and professional guidance as necessary to improve the customer experience.
• Communicate with Sales and Application Leaders to align applications activities with sales needs and business objectives.
• Communicate with local Applications Specialists and Account Managers to ensure all customer and business needs are met.
• Energize team and maintain adherence of field processes
• Work with Sales Specialists to meet/exceed territory sales targets. Conduct sales support related activities such as technical seminars, instrument demonstrations, and sample projects (Proof of Principle) within the respective territory.
• Develop and maintain relationships with key customers. Manager customer expectations while providing a high level of customer support during pre- and post-sales support activities. Communicate with customers to help them understand methodologies, applications and how to use the product(s) properly.
Marketing Support & Product Management Support:
• Translate customer requirements into product or marketing deliverables & development programs
• Support regional sales and marketing teams with sales promotion activities;
• Support trade shows and professional conferences by performing product demonstration and promotion as well as customer training.
• Contribute to improving our e-presence by formulating product information to be used on GELS and distributor web pages
• Monitor market and competitor activity, use this knowledge to inform Product managers of opportunities/risks.
• Act as a mentor and provide support to Product Managers & field teams; provide guidance on subjects such as product use to improve customer experience
• With product manager input, as appropriate, organize the design, preparation and centralized archiving of training materials to be used in product training for internal and external stakeholders
• Bachelors degree and a minimum of 3 years related experience in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related field.
• Experience in the field of High Content Analysis and Microscopy, with high proficiency on Imaging Analysis software
• Excellent customer engagement skills
• Strong time management & organizational skills
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills (ability to effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, to external customers, global counterparts and to team members in other functional organizations)
• Strong presentation skills (public speaking and presentation experience desired).
• Willingness to travel extensively within your specified geographic region with occasional overnight stays and weekend travel depending on geography and business needs (estimated 50% overnight)
• Masters degree in Life Science or Bioengineering related curriculum
• Laboratory experience (3+ years) using Microscopy, Cellular Imaging Tools and High Content Analysis tools
• One or more years of experience in sales or support role
• Teaching or training experiences including design & delivery of basic and advanced concepts
• Solid problem solving skills (ability to manage and resolve conflict, communicate issues and propose solutions to both internal team members and external customers).
• Proven professional business acumen (experience interfacing with both internal team members and external customers as a part of a solution-based sales process).
• Self-motivated, willingness to take the initiative to identify opportunities for improvement and take actions to improve.
• Willingness to be flexible/adapt to changing work environments.
There is no other life sciences company quite like GE Healthcare Life Sciences. A $5 billion business with more than 11,000 individuals in over 100 countries, we are at work enabling a new era in medicine. For more than 60 years, GE Healthcare Life Sciences has globally supported the development and use of new therapies, helping accelerate the journey from biological understanding to clinical therapy. GE Healthcare Life Sciences works with cutting edge technology enabling and advancing the discovery, diagnosis and medical treatments of the present and the future. We are accelerating biology to cell therapy in ways no other company can.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Texas; Any Major Metro Area in Texas
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.