General Electric Principal Technical Program Manager | Remote to Start in Alpharetta, Georgia
Job Description Summary
Responsible for governance & compliance of Hosting organization to internal and external audit and regulatory requirements as well as to strategize and drive leadership vision. In this role, you will work across Cloud, On-prem Compute and Storage teams to ensure their processes and documents are compliant. This role requires co-ordination and partnerships with Cyber, external auditors, internal auditors, and Infrastructure organization’s counterparts to reduce overall risk & drive improvements for Hosting.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
• Perform audit/assurance, governance and compliance activities for CoreTech Hosting
• Partner with and build relationships with key stakeholders, including Finance, Legal, external auditors and Corporate Cyber teams
• Develop and maintain strategy and approach for ensuring compliance to external regulations such as Sarbanes Oxley, FISMA, and Export Control
• Develop and maintain strategy and approach for ensuring compliance to GE's IT risk and security policy and standards, including ISO
• Drive execution of strategy and process improvements to demonstrate compliance to external regulations and GE's IT risk and security policy and standards
• Drive execution of risk management activities as directed by Cybersecurity & Technology Risk. Partnering with peers in the CoreTech teams, to develop and implement approach to summarize and report on risk profile for CoreTech Infrastructure
• Assist risk and control issue owners in remediation planning and execution, to ensure actions address root cause
• Analyze complex data to assist strategic decision making for leadership and provide regular reporting on open issues or status of programs for Hosting Org.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) and 8+ years of relevant experience.
Legal authorization to work in the USA is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Highly analytical, but able to help with leadership decision making by simplifying the problem/solution & presenting effectively.
Basic understanding and knowledge of IT Security control frameworks (i.e., NIST, ISO, etc.) as well as regulatory requirements impacting IT systems. (i.e. SOX, DFARS, etc.)
Understanding of IT security audit processes and practices for both internal and external auditors.
Technical expertise across On-prem Infrastructure and Cloud Technologies.
Previous experience implementing cybersecurity controls.
Ability to clearly communicate to senior leadership the regulatory & compliance risks to the business.
Experience in implementing a cybersecurity governance program.
Experience in implementing a risk management framework.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer (https://assets.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/GE11GLOBAL/en_global/desktop/assets/images/poster_screen_reader_optimized_w_supplement.pdf) . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless an employee is in a state where this requirement is temporarily paused for federal contractors. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No