General Electric Vascular / X-Ray Field Service Engineer North East in All UK, United Kingdom
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Responsible for developing and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships with customer representatives, ensuring Customer Satisfaction and maintaining all equipment models for the Vascular/X-ray modality within the North Eastern region of the UK
• Maintains all Vascular/X-ray models specific to the region
• Electronic/Mechanical: Total system level trouble-shooting on complex multi-symptom problems.
• Customer satisfaction: Daily interface with doctors and technicians on equipment status issues. Acts to ensure satisfaction to primary customers.
• LCT: Assists in Account Sales visits; helps train others where necessary; identify Sales opportunities and communicate to account team.
• Business growth: Assists in the growth and direction of business in his/her geographic area.
• Productivity: Responsible for Warranty and PMS contract cost control.
• Administration: Responsibly completes all administration tasks on time. Ensures timely completion of FMIs and PMS inspections documentation for assigned accounts.
• Installation: Plays a leading role in complex and multifuntional rooms. Shares best practices. Maintain effective quality systems and programs compliant with ISO 9001 standard, according to the GE Service Quality Policy Statement
• Qualified to Degree level or equivalent
• Technical analytical skills
• Some Field Services experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of a specific modality or multi-modalities
• Sought by others for guidance and advice
• Proficiency in English
• Ability to work independently with minimum direction
• High work standards and quality. Initiative and motivation
• Plans and organizes work effectively
• Excellent communications, listening and interpersonal skills
• Strong Customer skills; deals tactfully and effectively with differences of opinion, influences rather than directs
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Strong customer-service skills
Highly motivated team-player
Prior project or technical leadership experience
Demonstrated ability to train/mentor peers
Ability to stay calm in pressurized situations and coach people through solving problems
Ability to drive improvements in efficiency
Knowledge/experience with the healthcare industry
Knowledge of GE Healthcare products preferred
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Excellent computer skills, Networking ability
Green Belt certified
Leading & Relating to Others: Establishes good relationships with customers and staff. Builds wide and effective networks of contacts inside and outside the organization. Relates well to people at all levels. Manages customer system conflicts that arise and acts as the primary technical contact for the CCS Team
Shares Expertise: Applies specialist and detailed technical expertise across the entire CCS portfolio. Develops job knowledge and expertise through continual professional development. Shares expertise and knowledge with others. Uses technology to achieve work objectives. Demonstrates an understanding of different organizational departments and functions
Organizing & Executing: Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction. Sets high standards for quality and quantity. Monitors and maintains quality and productivity. Works in a systematic, methodical and orderly way. Consistently achieves project goals. Takes responsibility for actions, projects and people. Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction. Initiates and generates activity
Communicating: Speaks clearly and fluently. Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly. Makes presentations and undertakes public speaking with skill and confidence. Responds quickly to the needs of an audience and to their reactions and feedback. Projects credibility
Coping with Pressure: Works productively in a pressurized environment. Keeps emotions under control during difficult situations. Balances the demands of a work life and a personal life. Maintains a positive outlook at work. Handles criticism well and learns from it
Supporting & Cooperating: Demonstrates an interest in and understanding of others. Adapts to the team and builds team spirit. Listens, consults others and communicates proactively. Supports and cares for others. Upholds ethics and values. Appropriately follows instructions from others without unnecessarily challenging authority. Follows procedures and policies. Compiles with legal obligations and safety requirements of the role
Embracing Change & Demonstrating Enthusiasm: Adapts to changing circumstances. Accepts new ideas and change initiatives. Adapts interpersonal style to suit different people or situations. Works hard and puts in longer hours when it is necessary. Identifies development strategies needed to achieve career goals and meet new or changing demands of the job
Commercial Thinking: Keeps up to date with competitor information and market trends. Identifies business opportunities for the organization. Demonstrates financial awareness
Technical Expertise: Demonstrates a wide knowledge on the CCS portfolio and how it is applied to customer workflows. Act as lead point of contact for operational support in areas such as CSO, FMI’s, Installations and Customer escalations Locations: United Kingdom; All UK