General Electric Field Service Engineer in Adelaide, Australia
Job Description Summary
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining strong relationships with both internal and external customers while driving customer satisfaction through Service Excellence. Installing and maintaining electronic equipment in Ultrasound & Life Care Solutions (Patient Monitoring) modalities.
• Install equipment in a high quality, professional manner with strong attention to detail in accordance with the company standards, compliance standards and customer requirements.
• Perform preventative maintenance in accordance with company standards, compliance standards and customer requirements.
• Make corrective repair calls in a timely manner, aligned with customer contract requirements and repair the equipment in accordance with company standards and directives and customer requirements.
• Ensure timely completion of Field Modification Instructions (FMI’s).
• Advise management when response time objectives cannot be met i.e. If there are two site visits in relation to the same problem, inform Senior Field Engineer (SFE).
• The Field Service Engineer retains ownership of the problem until it is resolved.
• The Field Service Engineer must keep the customer, SFE, and Service Delivery Manager (SDM) informed on progress.
• Keep management and commercial account managers fully aware of all developments in the installed base.
• Keep customers fully satisfied by keeping them informed of activities when on site and/or working on their behalf whilst on site.
• Report regularly to management in accordance with reporting guidelines/procedures.
• Complete other assignments and projects as directed.
• Follow the alert procedure for system down.
• Attend technical and general skills development training courses as directed and keep abreast of developments/technical product information.
• Work within the defined responsibilities as documented in GE Healthcare Spirit and Letter Commitment Form to ensure compliance.
• Accurately complete and lodge all service documentation in a timely manner within company guidelines.
• Ensure all company property (tools, test equipment, motor vehicle) is kept in optimum condition and test tools calibrated according to the schedule requirements.
• Ensure that parts usage/ordering is optimized from both the companies and the customer’s perspective.
Qualifications & Requirements
• Electronic/ Electrical Engineering, Electronics Technician or equivalent electrical trade
• Relevant licenses as required by Federal or State Legislation (eg: Electrical Licenses) and Work Cards (eg: White Card)
• The role will have a strong focus on medical IT systems. Skills in TCP/IP, WIFI and medical networks is preferred.
You must also have a valid SA drivers license.
• Technical capability to work on Life Care Solutions & Ultrasound Medical Equipment preferred but training will be provided.
• Experience working with electronic systems in the medical, military, printing industry or similar environment
• Ability to work in a hospital theatre environment
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and a willingness and commitment to continuous learning/improvement and extension of skills across both modalities.
• Previous experience interpreting schematic diagrams and following technical reference manuals to perform effective repair and planned maintenance of electronic and electro-mechanical equipment.
• Strong commitment and experience working within strict workplace safety standards and guidelines.
• Solid fault-finding and problem-solving techniques.
• Demonstrated ability/experience working on various computer networking systems.
• Ability to plan and organize work requirements effectively using proven personal time management, planning, reasoning and prioritizing skills.
• Strong and demonstrable interpersonal skills / customer relationship management abilities.
• Strong ability to communicate often complex technical issues to the customer in an “easy to understand" manner.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and experience working with both internal and external customers to achieve solution focused service outcomes.
• High work standards, quality, strong work ethic.
• Ability to travel is essential for business or training purposes.
• Working overtime as required.
Vaccine for Preventable Diseases
Healthcare Sector Australia - Vaccine for Preventable Diseases
• Depending on location, some States have mandated or are intending to mandate that contractors who enter healthcare sites must be able to provide evidence of vaccination for vaccine preventable diseases (VPDs) prior to working at their premises.
• GE Healthcare does have an EHS Medical Services Program. We have an immunisation and vaccination program covering any GE Healthcare employee who is required to enter a site and conduct work where there is the likelihood of potential exposure or acquisition through respiratory means to VPDs.
• To ensure your risk is minimised, you may be required to provide evidence of immunity /vaccination prior to commencing with GE Healthcare in such locations where it has been mandated. Equally you may be required to provide evidence of vaccination post-employment, in the event that further sites mandate this requirement.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No