General Electric Systems Engineer - Decommissioning in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Responsibility for all aspects of the services technical architecture where assigned to Well Decommissioning activities for Integrated Solutions i.e Well Abandonment (Well Access, De-Complete, Barrier Placement and Severance), Well Services provision (Coil tubing, Slickline, E-line, Fishing, Wellbore Tools), Integrated Systems provision (CWOR, Landing String and IWOCS), Equipment provision (Tree and Wellhead Tooling) and all other services as required to fulfil contractual requirements.
The role is responsible for the design of the services technical solution in collaboration with the product company teams, external partners and/or 3rd parties from early engagement FEED, ITO and into requisition (OTR) and delivery to customers.
This role reports functionally to the ISS Engineering manager and operationally to the Decommissioning Engineering manager.
• Definition of service technical requirements in line with BHGE Well Abandonment Gate Process
• Services technical specification for FEED, ITO or OTR business purposes
• Delivery of Systems design basis and product functional design specifications
• Definition and control of the Services master equipment list
• Management of System design and system level schematics
• Delivery of Services documentation from MDR – including reports, data sheets, procedures, manuals
• System material selection and corrosion protection philosophy
• System internal and external Interfaces
• System design verification activities
• Technical Change control process
• System technical assurance program
• 3rd party certification and regulatory compliance programs
• Integrated services intervention, inspection, maintenance and repair strategy
• System Integration testing support
• Technical Risk Management plans including HAZOP & HAZID
• Domain expertise in Well Decommissioning: Well Access, De-Complete, Barrier Placement and Severance
• Bachelors degree in engineering from an accredited university or college or significant years of experience in a relevant Wells design or operations role
• Technical expertise across at least one of the following disciplines; Drilling, Well Intervention, Well Services, Wellhead, Trees, Controls
• Practical working knowledge of Subsurface and Subsea engineering life cycle
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent report writing and presentation skills
• Ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen