General Electric Project Management Specialist in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Co – ordinate the Service, Overhaul and Repair of Client equipment ensuring that the projects are delivered on - time, within budget and to the required quality standards whilst ensuring that the repair is invoiced in a timely manner and that all documentation required for Revenue recognition is uploaded to Oracle at time of Sales Order creation.
• Reporting to Lead Project Manager/Operations Manager in project status.
• Daily interaction with project personnel, e.g. Lead Project Manager, ITO, Operations, Engineering, Quality, Clients, Sourcing & Vendors
• Regular interaction with HSE, Finance, Field service.
• Available for occasional out of hours contact related to project execution.
• Project based initially Aberdeen/Cyprus/Italy will be expected to attend off site meetings with vendors, clients including visits to shop floor, expected to attend vendors/customers premises for meetings.
• Regular contact with customers and suppliers, attendance at meetings, presenting and documenting information.
• No direct financial control; however responsible of keeping the costs to a minimum.
• Daily responsible for project progress
• Service and Operations of projects for Key Customer - Aberdeen/Cyprus/Italy
• Together with other functions, (Engineering, Quality & ITO) define and develop work scope of the project.
• Arranging and running Project Kick Off Meeting, including production and distribution of minutes from Kick Off Meeting, collation of previous repair documents and third party classification documentation for review.
• Monitor and identify project progress relevant to Witness and Hold Points agreed with clients in the ITP. Notification of said points to internal and external stakeholders ahead of requirement.
• Manage project execution, hereunder establish project plan, report progress to plan and monitor same. Update internal and external stakeholders through the process. Use of appropriate tools to facilitate updates, Project plans, Operations Database.
• Be available to witness key project stages in Vendors premises.
• Participate in the development of proposals for projects including coordination with ITO and Sourcing to quote/order the standard replacement spare parts in advance to meet OTD
• Review material requirements and understand supply chain activities to support project on time delivery, including but not limited to spares availability and delivery to repair site, Repair vendor scheduling.
• Co-ordinate with supply chain activities to support project on time delivery, including but not limited to spares availability and delivery to repair site, Repair vendor scheduling.
• Responsible for managing partial shipments to WIP O&R, Communicating effectively spares status to the planner and store functions.
• Status reporting including rolling forecasting of costs and revenue.
• Facilitation of Variation order request. Accountable for the prevention of margin erosion. Responsible for revenue recovery (Signed VOR + Customer amended PO) when work scope variation has been validated and agreed with the customer.
• End of job revenue/cost/work order review to confirm all relevant costs have been captured, OSP PO’s receipted and booked. Detail quotation variance to actual revenue/cost achieved and be able to explain differences.
• Responsible for issuing final documentation.
• Billing Preparation on Oracle System up to Finance final review stage.
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory EHS requirements & expectations at all times both internally and externally.
• Promote and ensure compliance to company and regulatory Quality management systems at all times.
• Improvements work including Lessons Learnt sessions
• Identifying and reporting improvement potentials.
• BHGE HSE advocate.
• Understanding of basic Engineering/Technical requirements for Drilling Equipment recertification
• Cooperation and interface management skills.
• Effective communicator
• Knowledge and experience within engineering, project planning, risk management, EHS and QA.
• Master English both written and verbally
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
• Proven years of project management/Coordinator experience
• PC Literate: Word, Excel, Power Point, Oracle, ePIMS, MS Project
• Proven years industrial experience.
• Perform work safely and get customers satisfaction.
• High degree of personal organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. We deploy minds and machines to enhance customer productivity, safety and environmental stewardship, while minimizing costs and risks at every step of the energy value chain. With operations in over 120 countries, we infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo at http://www.twitter.com/BHGECo , or visit us at BHGE.com .
Locations: United Kingdom; Aberdeen