GE Sr Data Scientist in Xian, China
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Posted Position Title
Sr Data Scientist
Data and Analytics
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available China
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
You will be at the forefront of developing analytics to support GE’s Industrial Internet Solutions in the Aviation business. Be responsible for Aviation industry big data processing, modeling and algorithm development to drive insight of operation efficiency, maintenance cost, services and asset optimization. Transfer the analytics into customer solutions and value.
Provide technical leadership and expertise for big data analytics and solution design.
• Lead engagement with customers and across functional teams to identify and develop data analytics for target problem/opportunity.
• Work with Product Line Leaders (P/L) to understand analytics/ services requirements & vision
• Ensure proper definition of data needs, evaluation of data quality, and recommend appropriate statistical analysis; for critical projects
• Work on core data aggregation, validation and algorithms development and implement them using technology chosen
• Optimize current data process flow, create reusable data process module for frequent usage and process, and improve data process efficiency and stability.
• Drive increased efficiency across the teams, eliminating duplication, leveraging analytics and technology reuse
• Coach, mentor and lead the team
• Drive world-class quality in the data analytics/ science and support of customers, products and services
• Communicate effectively both within immediate team and also across leadership team and with P/L
• Ensure team receives consistent messages and has clear understanding of business direction, strategy and results
• Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge.
• Proactively share information across the team, to the right audience with the appropriate level of detail and timeliness
• Masters/PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Statistics
• 3-6 years’ experience working with analytical software (Matlab, Python, SAS, SPSS, R or Weka)
• Familiarity with Big Data (e.g. Hadoop, Mongo DB, Neo4J, Cassandra, Mahout, Aster )
• Strong rational ability, communication, inter-personal, and presentation skills.
• Experience in design, develop and deploy state-of-art, data-driven descriptive analysis and predictive models to solve problems.
• Rich experience in data manipulation, good sense in data quality, comfortable in dealing with unstructured data
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and experience with data analytics and process improvement
• Proven track record in delivering results, go-to-sell spirit
• Proved data experience in working with large datasets
• Great passion in big data and aviation industry
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identifies misalignments with goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
• Knowledge of aviation industry is a plus
• Experience in working with Hadoop/Pig/Datarush, etc. big data processing platform is a plus