GE Factory Acceptance Testing Technician in Westborough, Massachusetts
Healthcare Global Supply Chain
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Factory Acceptance Testing Technician
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Performs diverse and complex assignments in support of GEHC product development and manufacturing. Assignments may include, but are not limited to: fabrication and assembly of fixtures and equipment, set up and running of data acquisition equipment for tests, carrying out experiments, reporting/documenting results of tests and measures, lead compliance and quality activities and train other team members.
Key responsibilities/essential functions include:
• Test production assemblies and sub-assemblies for correct operation and compliance to performance specifications
• Interfaces with other departments in the execution of duties to ensure the orderly flow of materials and information
• Utilizing initiative and independent judgment, construct and assist in evaluating engineering models
• Perform advanced trouble shooting encompassing multiple variables and unknowns to achieve root cause analysis and problem resolution. Conduct experiments and diagnostic tests, as required to draw conclusions
• Perform software and hardware evaluation and implement plans using knowledge of product, system operation, intermodule interactions, engineering tolls, and interactive software tools as required
• Utilize basic technical communications throughout the new product cycle to improve internal models and/or externally sourced components in terms of system performance, reliability, functionality, and serviceability
• Provide evaluation, constructive feedback and leadership in the development of internal and external engineering, manufacturing, or service documentation
• Drive cross-department process improvements focused on reducing overall product cycle time.
• Develop and execute training plans as required
• Provide strong individual contributions in the context of achieving team goals. Provide technical leadership by assisting others in troubleshooting, answering questions and seeking engineering assistance
• Train other team members through technical communications and/or presentations
• Lead compliance and quality activities by looking for defect trends, learning about quality issues and concessions and passing information to other technicians. Serve as the manufacturing expert on new product introductions by providing feedback to engineering and manufacturing personnel as new products are developed and new procedures are implemented.
• Lead EHS projects/activities designed to eliminate hazards and improve overall safety of job operations
• Fill in as a Lead Technician as required by directing the work team, making task assignments and completing daily reports
• May participate in quality control inspections of certain subassemblies and final product
• Comply with EHS regulations and policies
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
Training: Aware of and comply with GEHC training requirements
Knowledge and understanding of production process, work instructions, documentation configuration control, non-conforming & rework documentation requirements and operates within them to ensure that a device conforms to it’s specification.
Aware of and comply with Stop Order, Concessions, ESD, Calibration, Preventative Maintenance, Material Identification & Segregation, and Good Documentation Practices, as associated with this job type/position
Associates degree and 5 years technical experience, or a High School Diploma and 7 years experience.
Proficiency to logically troubleshoot at subsystem and system level, using identifiable problem solving techniques
Ability to draw accurate conclusions from test data, malfunctions, or deviations, and assist with corrections to the existing design or process
Proficiency to understand and interpret basic written technical information
Demonstrated ability to work well with limited direction and information
Demonstrated ongoing effort to maintain knowledge of current technology
Ability to communicate using English (or local language)
Demonstrated technical leadership ability
- Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering or Technology related fields
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.