GE Lead Engineer - FSE in West Drayton, United Kingdom
Aviation Business & General Aviation & Integrated Systems
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
AtGE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE is diversity. We aim to employ the worlds’ brightest minds to help us create an unlimited source of ideas and opportunities. We believe in hiring talented people of varied backgrounds, experiences and styles - people like you!
Posted Position Title
Lead Engineer - FSE
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United Kingdom
The Lead Engineer will provide leadership, technical direction, and assistance to the customer, user, and other GE field personnel in the operation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of assigned product lines. Interface with all levels of customer and Company organizations. Provide on-site assessment of activities to anticipate problems, trends, and customer climate change. Provide complete reporting of the engine programs, customer problems, failures, trends, and climate.
• Support of installed customer base including activities such as AOGs, issue resolution, fleet issues, service bulletin implementation,
• Monitor and optimize critical internal processes such as remote diagnostics, entry into service, and customer portals
• Develop new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organizations.
• Work together with business leadership at SPB and EB level to enable customer outcomes
• Specify needs, communicates about project approach and ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures.
• Works on cross functional teams. Alternatively: Leads analytical and customer support activities using proven technologies and vested approaches and methods.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED or equivalent knowledge and experience with proven years of experience in Engineering).
• Some additional years of experience in Fleet Management.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.