General Electric Software Engineer in Waukesha, Wisconsin
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www.ge.com/sites/default/files/15-000845%20EEO%20combined.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Molecular Imaging and Computed Tomography (MICT) business is seeking Software Engineers for CT Scanner Desktop team. The Software Engineer will work with a group of energized and focused software professionals, leveraging contemporary tools, technologies and development methodologies to build software for medical imaging devices. The Software Engineers will be accountable for programming a feature or a small feature set for one or more assigned components in MICT product software.
• Developing the code and unit-tests for a feature or set of features.
• Work closely with senior software engineers to understand requirements, detailed design and implementation as translated from clinical and workflow needs
• Contribute to the team deliverables and work with direction from the senior team members or management but work independently
• Deliver to expected timelines and quality standards.
• Have awareness of Agile, Lean, Software FMEA and Continuous Integration methodologies to drive reliability upstream in the product development lifecycle.
• Write code that meets standards and exercises desired testing using the technology selected for the project.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
• Hands-on experience in Software Development and/or Software Test Automation.
• Experience with Requirements analysis and defining test strategies
• Hands-on experience with object oriented languages (Java, C++)
• Experience with Linux command shell
• Experience working on software testing in the regulated industry (healthcare, aviation, transportation)
• Experience with software version management
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
• Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence.
• Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision.
• Completes assigned tasks on time and with high quality. Takes independent responsibility for assigned deliverables.
• Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
• Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present. Implements clean concise solutions that address the requirements at hand
• Makes transitions to the new and different. Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources.
Locations: United States; Wisconsin; Waukesha
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.