GE Electronics Test Platform Leader - eCOE in Waukesha, Wisconsin
Corporate Supply Chain & Operations
GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Electronics Test Platform Leader - eCOE
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
The Electronics Test Platform Leader is recognized as a key technology leader within the manufacturing test domain at GE. This leader will manage design and deployment of standard test platforms at EMS suppliers to support GE eCOE and business-wide electronics test initiatives. The test platform leader will drive the use of standard electronics DFT & test strategy tools, and will collaborate with the GE Manufacturing Test Technology Council (MTTC) to integrate global test best practices.
• Understand and guide GE businesses on electronics test optimization for best test coverage. Drive GE standardization in PWA/PCBA test strategy development, DFT, and electronics test specification development.
• Drive GE standardization in electronics test hardware design, test software design, and data reporting. Design, manage change control of, and deploy GE standard test platforms for electronics testing at strategic EMS suppliers.
• Collaborate with GE electronics design engineers, EMS suppliers, and strategic test equipment integrators to train on the use of standard test platform technology.
• Manage GE standard test platform equipment stewardship at suppliers.
• Collaborate with and influence the Manufacturing Test Technology Council (MTTC), lead global test standardization initiatives with wide business impact. Drive consistent and effective deployment across the GE Global Supply Chain.
• Support product electronics test equipment and knowledge transfers of work.
• Collaborate and lead in a global environment, across cultures, geographies, and time zones.
Quality Specific Goals:
Aware of and comply with the GE Quality Manuals, Quality Management Systems, Quality Management Policies, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position.
Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines.
Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required.
Knowledge and understanding of document control, design transfer, verification, validation, acceptance activity, DMR, DHR and electronic signature requirements to ensure that product, equipment, tools, processes, software, training and documentation meet requirements.
• B.S. Degree in Electrical Engineering, Automation, or related engineering discipline
• 7+ years industrial experience in test equipment development for electronics testing
• National Instruments LabView, TestStand, and PXI hardware experience
• Demonstrated ability to lead/execute manufacturing technology or automation projects
• Experience developing equipment documentation deliverables such as BOM, schematics, detailed design documents, qualification protocols, user manuals, etc.
• Demonstrated technical, troubleshooting, analytical, and planning expertise
• Demonstrated strong communication skills (written and verbal) to all levels of the organization
• Able to work well with global teams, including time-zone flexibility
• Willingness to travel up to 30%
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
• 10+ years industrial experience in test equipment development for electronics testing
• Experience developing electronics structural test (ICT, Flying Probe, Boundary Scan)
• Experience developing electronics test fixtures (electro-mechanical fixtures)
• Experience developing DFT assessments using tools such as Vayo, Testway, or Valor.
• Experience with systems networking, database development, and remote access
• Strong problem solving abilities and capable of articulating specific technical topics or assignments
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to interface with senior leadership with confidence and clarity
• Demonstrated Lean/Six-Sigma practitioner or certification
• Experience driving high impact manufacturing productivity projects
• Experience working in a highly regulated manufacturing environment (i.e. medical, aviation)
• Able to work under minimal supervision